1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shopster - Something some of you may be interested in...

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by James - AMWSO, Nov 15, 2005.

1. courtney

courtney Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me preface this by saying I think Shopster is a great idea, and the people involved seem very professional and helpful. Also, the templates and store-building process seemed easy and looked WAY better than a lot of the Amazon stores I see. :)

But, once I was approved and began looking at the merchandise so I could begin building my store, I was really disappointed. A lot of it (not all of it!) seemed like it was a step or two above dollar-store quality, the electronics seemed out of date, and I thought it was all really, really overpriced.

However, I only had problems because I wanted to make a store of things I liked. It is still probably a good revenue source since the world is full of people buying things I don't like and think are overpriced.

Anyway, the program itself seems good, I don't mean to offend anyone involved.. just thought I'd toss my 2 cents in, for whatever it's worth. Which would be approximately 2 cents, I suppose.. :)

courtney, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  2. James - AMWSO

James - AMWSO Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Courtney,

Thanks for your feedback...Negative feedback is just as valuable to us as positive feedback as it allows us to see where we can improve. The Shopster inventory is not perfect, but we're adding to it literally every day and there are some really great bargains in the warehouse...You will still have to do some rummaging though to find the gems that fit whatever niche you're targetting. One area I strongly advise all Shopster owners to check out is our range of sunglasses. There are some really outstanding deals in this section and it's coming close to summertime so now is the time to get prepared!

On the upside the product search feature is now much improved and it's way easier to find what you're looking for than before.

If there are some products where the price seems off, please send a list to me and I'll have it checked to make sure that there is not an error in the database. It is possible for us to adjust prices where the margin allows...

On last thing...And i encourage all Shopster partners to do this...Please tell us what you want that's not currently in the Shopster warehouse and we'll try and get it for you. We have a guy dedicated to adding to the inventory and i want to keep him busy filling Shopster's warehouse with what YOU want to sell...Not what WE think you might want to sell...

Maybe if it's been a while since you last logged in, take another look Courtney...Shopster is still in beta so issues are being ironed out daily...March 31 is official launch date, but we've got a lot of partners making solid revenues already. :)

James - AMWSO, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  3. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    emapey said:

Thanks so much emapey, I try hard to write about things that matter.

5starAffiliates, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  4. courtney

courtney Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your response James, I will dig into your site a little deeper and definitely check out new stuff you're adding. And I want to reiterate, I give you guys huge kudos for your store-building format, it's great. :)

courtney, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  5. James - AMWSO

James - AMWSO Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem Courtney. If there's anything we can do to help you, please get in touch.

James - AMWSO, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  6. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    alright i decided to give it a try. james seem to be an excellent support staff. :) thank god i found this thread instead of 16 days later/ :D

devin, Mar 16, 2006 IP
  7. dynn

dynn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i also wanted to give it a try....

dynn, Mar 16, 2006 IP
  8. James - AMWSO

James - AMWSO Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi devin09! PM sent on how to change the DNS settings in Shopster so you can use a different URL. Any problems let me know.

Hi dynn. Please sign up here: www.amwso.com/shopster.php. Anything i can do to help you please let me know.

Have a great weekend one and all!

James - AMWSO, Mar 17, 2006 IP
  9. papercow

papercow Peon

Best Answers:
    I found this thread right in time before the free period ends :D
    I too will give it a try. I've been thinking about dropshipping for a while, and here the opportunity present itself with over 1 million product to sell :)

How is everyone doing with their online store?
    I would love to hear some feedback.

papercow, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  10. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    i can't get it to work. :(:( so frustrating.

devin, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  11. James - AMWSO

James - AMWSO Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Devin09,

As I mentioned in the PM you've got to do these two things:

1. Login to Shopster and then go to:

RShop Domains (left hand menu) --> Edit

From there you just add the name of your new URL.

2. Set the DNS servers used by the domain registrar (e.g. GoDaddy) to:
    • ns1.shopster.com (Primary)
    • ns2.shopster.com
    Have you done both these steps? Please remember that for your domain registrar e.g. GoDaddy to change the DNS settings usually takes around 72 hours so you do have to wait a bit...Who are you using for the domain? Are you sure you've changed the DNS seetings in your control panel with the domain registrar?

If you send me your login detials for your domain registrar I can have my tech guy take a look for you...Once he's done you can change your password...The same goes for your Shopster account...Email/PM me your details if you want us to take a look...

James - AMWSO, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  12. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    i did. i even pointed the SUBDOMAIN to shopster IP, as written in the faq. now, i get redirected to <ident>.secure2u.com when i type the subdomain. can't i make the URL stay as my subdomain?

also, i cannot seem to add any products. whatever i add doesn't show up in my shop. "0 items found".

devin, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  13. James - AMWSO

James - AMWSO Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Devin09,

Please send me your login details by PM/email and I'll look into this...Sounds very strange, but we'll get to the bottom of this for you...

James - AMWSO, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  14. toby

toby Notable Member

Best Answers:
    is this program still open? i'm interested :)

toby, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  15. James - AMWSO

James - AMWSO Peon

Best Answers:
    James - AMWSO, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  16. phupang

phupang Peon

Best Answers:
    Item in shopster seems to be way too expensive. Even if I selling those item at zero profit, the customer will feel it is too expensive, for example, i just bought a new phone Motorola v3x near the phone shop near my house at USD500, and shopster wholesaler price is USD490, that is just way too expensive, i can easily find same item with price less than USD400 in ebay or other dropshipper website

anyway, i hope shopster admin can give me reply on this issue, thank you

phupang, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  17. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    there's nothing shopster admin can do. prices are set by suppliers. if the suppliers say the cost is $X, then that's the minimum price.
    that's what compeitition are for.

devin, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  18. NewBeing

NewBeing Guest

Best Answers:
    Plus Shopster is pretty new at the moment, its still in beta. I don't think they have the buying power at the moment. Once it starts to take off, which I think it will, they will have more power to get lower prices.

NewBeing, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  19. phupang

phupang Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh no, i did not sign up under amwso, and i already host my store, what should i do, will they charge me USD400 after march 31???

Should i delete my store and resignup under amwso?????

phupang, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  20. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    tak payah. i don't get why you should do that. as long as you sign up at shopster before March 31, whether thro AWMSO or not, you won't be charged. that's james' promise to us.

devin, Mar 20, 2006 IP