1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shopping Logistics

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by BMcCabe91094, Apr 28, 2017.

Hi everyone,

We are starting up an ecommerce website and are looking for the most viable distribution method. The general idea is to be a monthly subscription service of small items that don't exceed 2 pounds. At this point, we intend to be nationwide and want to know the cheapest and most effective route for distribution. If there is anyway we could have a simplified pricing breakdown of available shipping services in the USA, that would be greatly appreiciated. We understand volume is a very important part of this, but we expect to grow rapidly. Within a few months, several thousand subscribers should be in reach.

Thank You!

BMcCabe91094, Apr 28, 2017 IP
  2. Khappa MJ

Khappa MJ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi man, nice to see you created this post cause I was asking for the same question!
    And also, may I ask what is your orders strategy? I mean once you found a good distribution how do you manage orders in according with the distributor saving time and yes, also money?

Khappa MJ, May 9, 2017 IP
  3. jamilWinkelbaum

jamilWinkelbaum Peon

Best Answers:
    This seems like a very interesting business model. What type of products are you planning to sell? The types of products you're selling would impact shipping prices since prices vary by weight, size and other factors.

jamilWinkelbaum, May 12, 2017 IP
  4. AlvinWilliams

AlvinWilliams Peon

Best Answers:
    If you wish to have a nationwide reach you need to diversify. By that I mean you should have relationships with shipping companies to deliver your goods in time in the Eastern, Western, and Central American regions. This reduces costs. Otherwise, you can simply approach a shipment company that can meet all your needs. Hope this helps.

AlvinWilliams, May 15, 2017 IP
  5. Gareth Moulton

Gareth Moulton Peon

Best Answers:
    1 Method would be to bulk Ship to Centralized points and use postal service from there to expedite shipments. Local courier is mostly cheaper. So getting the bulk of your goods closer to the last mile always helps. You guys have such a great postal system there. I wish we had that here!

Gareth Moulton, Jun 13, 2017 IP
  6. adelitaparker

adelitaparker Peon

Best Answers:
    Shipping logistics is the overall process of managing and overseeing the movement of goods, products, or raw materials. Shipping logistics is one specific kind of logistics, and it is different from both the individual terms shipping and logistics, which can make things confusing. So, it’s helpful to know the difference between each of these words.

adelitaparker, Sep 12, 2022 IP