1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shoemoney Told To Remove YPN Ads

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by natekapi, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Ferrarislave

Ferrarislave Peon

Best Answers:
    YPN is a failure. Plain and simple. Get over it and stop argueing over something 95% of you know absolutly nothing about. The only reason YPN has publishers is because they pay well - that is truely the only reason. Their system cannot hold a candle to Google.

Ferrarislave, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    And they pick up Google's scraps. ;)

Crazy_Rob, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I´m surprised they have not been sued the way Google got sued by advertisers.

Blogmaster, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  4. SeoVeteran33

SeoVeteran33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Count me in as being excited. It's never a good idea to have one company in command of everything.

I currently use YPN on one of my sites. It gets 1/2 the clicks but pays twice as much as Adsense. If Adsense paid more than YPN everytime, there wouldn't be 1,000's of webmasters dying to get in and I wouldn't be receiving cash offers for my YPN account.

It's wrong to state that YPN simply isn't targeted at all. From what I've observed on my site, YPN either chooses to show random irrelevant ads OR it chooses to show highly targeted ones. Why on Earth Yahoo would want to function like this, I have no idea. It's just what I've observed.

No doubt that Adsense targets better overall because they only show targeted ads, but YPN is perfectly capable.

SeoVeteran33, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  5. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's because you are terribly uninformed, my friend. Just as you keep calling people who report Adsense violators "snitches" and "a-holes". You know nothing about how the industry runs. YPN is a terribly run company, that's why their stock barely trades at $30 a share while Google is trading at $470+. You are earning some nice change from YPN, so you have voluntarily blinded yourself to the fact that the YPN folks have fubar their Google challenge. Hopefully their new ad management will do better, but I'm not holding my breath.

jackburton2006, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  6. luckyme

luckyme Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with YPN, i spent lots of money on yahoo advertising , i personally called yahoo few times reported about few websites doesn't convert at all , after few days i seen those websites switched to adsense, i'm assuming yahoo asked them to remove display their ads , good for advertiser :D .

why pay when your not getting back anything :D

luckyme, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  7. MassiveContents

MassiveContents Peon

Best Answers:
    People visiting upload4free dont give a damn about a car dealership in Nowhereville, TX

:D :D :D

MassiveContents, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  8. kempozone

kempozone Active Member

Best Answers:
    luckyme - How did you know your ads were not converting for certain sites? Did you use some kind of tracking system from Yahoo! ?

kempozone, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  9. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Nintendo makes some good points above (green rep'ed) ... I see these exact ads on my site ... and rest assured they have nothing to do with any of the above topics.

When Google can't determine relevance, it displays a PSA ad ... and gives you the capability to specify your own - here's a writeup that describes how you can track how often this occurs.

What Yahoo should really, really, really do IMHO is give the same capability to their publishers - i.e. if they are going to run a RON ad (typically what you see above), allow us to specify our own... or don't show anything at all as these are pretty junky and for me personally, I'd rather not show 'em. This would be an option because I know some people still want Mortgage/Music/Credit/etc. ads to show in case there is a click-thru.

My two cents.

hulkster, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  10. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is what I have learn't from YPN for myself and why they are no where near as good as Adsense when it is likely to come to ROI. I have never used YPN and even read about it at their site. I am not from the US so I can't sign up.

Here goes, here is all of the disadvantages I have heard of and learn't myself:

YPN is still in Beta and has been there for sometime.

They only pay for US traffic as far as I know and if you send to much international traffic your account gets closed.

Quite a few of the ads are untargetted for your pages content giving a lower CTR

YPN use to allow an unlimited amount of ad blocks per page, which only makes it much more favourable for "made for YPN sites" to start up.

They have now limited that to 3 I think, but that still is not all that good when you get the same little ad shown in each ad block. This use to happen with adsense and they fixed that. YPN still shows the same ad in 2 or 3 ad blocks per page.

There just the ones I have noticed and I'm not even a publisher yet. But will be once it is out of beta, when that will be I don't know. Hopefully I will still be here when it does. lol

Etc....

john269, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  11. butterfingers

butterfingers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    YPN can never beat Adsense!

butterfingers, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  12. rafflesmail.com

rafflesmail.com Peon

Best Answers:
    YPN is lousy. No targeted ads at all. And they push the blame to the publisher...

rafflesmail.com, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  13. MassiveContents

MassiveContents Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't even want to waste my time by signing up to yahoo publisher network

MassiveContents, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  14. luckyme

luckyme Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, I use their conversion tracking ,no far working ok

luckyme, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  15. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Name 		Symbol  Last Trade 	Change 			Mkt Cap
    Google Inc. 	GOOG 	471.51 		+0.49 	(0.10%) 	146.81B
    Yahoo! Inc. 	YHOO 	31.96 		+0.34 	(1.08%) 	43.36B
    Code (markup):
    Get some mental help if you think Yahoos piece of trash stocks are fine!!! :D:D:D:D

Nintendo, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  16. PoemofQuotes

PoemofQuotes Peon

Best Answers:
    Stock numbers are a horrible way to judge a company. I'm not trying to defend Yahoo or YPN here, it's just a fact. Stock numbers have a lot more to do with the amount of stock available to the public than to its actual worth.

Say for example, if company A makes 1000 shares available, while company B makes 100 available... obviously company B's shareholders own a higher percentage of the company, thus naturally their stock is worth more (that is if everything else is created equal).

PoemofQuotes, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  17. ddn

ddn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations. You have a grasp of Market Cap. Too bad that has no bearing on this discussion.

ddn, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  18. PoemofQuotes

PoemofQuotes Peon

Best Answers:
    It has nothing to do with what Nintendo and others were speaking of?

PoemofQuotes, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  19. D'Godown

D'Godown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

All I can say is that you are underestimating Yahoo.
    what i guess is yes they are going to pick up once they are done with their beta stage.

D'Godown, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  20. natekapi

natekapi Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo's stock is doing a little better since Panama was launched. I really like Panama. I don't understand how they can have such a good ad platform for search and content, but such a lowsy publisher network. You would think that they would have implemented some big upgrades to YPN around the same time Panama was launched, when they got tons of new advertisers.

Some people have said that Yahoo just doesn't have the advertisers that Google does, but since the launch of Panama, I would say that's not the case.

natekapi, Apr 5, 2007 IP