1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ShoeMoney eBay AuctionAds Launch

Discussion in 'eBay' started by 5starAffiliates, Mar 6, 2007.

1. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am also sitting at $0. :/

ruby, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  2. Choller

Choller Peon

Best Answers:
    Well that's basically a good news if we are all sitting at 0.

Choller, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  3. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    reapr, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  4. Munja

Munja Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

I'm writing a ebay script that automaticly parses ebay urls through auction ads, but i can't work out what parsing to the ebay url the URL Converter does. Does anyone know?

Also, does Auction ads allow you to cache the javascript on your own website, so when their site goes down yours will still load quickly.

Thanks,
    Steve

Munja, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  5. denovo

denovo Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a great idea as AuctionAds seems to be having lots of server problems!

denovo, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  6. Creep

Creep Peon

Best Answers:
    What am I missing here? What makes this any better than cj's ebay program?

Creep, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  7. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Pros:
    - The ads are prettier and more flexible so you can integrate them better
    - The combined earnings of affiliates mean a higher tier payout

Cons:
    - Lots of down time means no ads, irrelevant ads, no thumbs, hanging page loads happen frequently
    - Limited ad caching so if your page doesn't get a lot of traffic then irrelevant ads are shown

There are other pros and cons but those are the ones that are important to me at the moment.

geomark, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  8. dlcmh

dlcmh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it sucks when AA shows handbags and lingerie on my digital camera site.

Other than that, I love 'em, and the visitors too - they click like crazy when the ads are relevant.

dlcmh, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  9. Choller

Choller Peon

Best Answers:
    So did anyone have any earnings on 0611 ?

Choller, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  10. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you go to the homepage and scroll down http://www.socioclick.com you will see download links for the modules and mambots, you can not miss it, well you could as they look like simple text. They will have numbers next to them indicating the number of downloads.

Cheers

inet, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  11. eflouret

eflouret Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's a list of why I prefer Auction Ads instead of CJ.

1) CJ sucks.
    2) I'm an international webmaster and got rejected by Ebay
    3) I got paid by Auction Ads the first day of this month.
    4) The subscription process is really fast. In 5 minutes you are subscribed and have your ads running.
    5) CJ sucks.

eflouret, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  12. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well that sounds like a good enough reason not to use CJ. lol

ruby, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  13. nicerolex

nicerolex Peon

Best Answers:

I shall Ad this to my Blog as the top Five Reason Why CJ sucks compared to Auction Ads.

nicerolex, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  14. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess that does tie it all together in one convenient little package...lol

SFOD_D223, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  15. Creep

Creep Peon

Best Answers:
    Looking at the auctionads site, in their FAQ, it looks like they pay the exact same to you as cj would, and they keep the higher tier payout for themselves. The only mention of payout is "100% of ebay's plan" and then directs you to ebay's own payout page. Nothing about higher tiers for the little guys.

I can see using this if you were rejected by cj. But I've been with cj for about a year and have had zero problems with the ads.

Creep, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  16. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    They had said that affiliates would earn the higher tier payout due to the combined earnings of all the affiliates. Sounded good. But I never understood where they were making their money. If it's really that they pay exactly what CJ would and they skim the higher tier for themselves then that would make sense. If that is the case I don't think there is anything wrong with it since they have to make their money somewhere, except if that is the case they were misleading people, at least here in this forum.

However, unless reliability improves and relevant ads are consistently delivered then I have to agree with you that it's better just to go through CJ and use the ebay editor kit. I am once again getting stupid ads for stuffed animals and when I enter keywords at the AA site it says 0 results for anything I enter.

geomark, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  17. hsvhsv

hsvhsv Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is pretty good analysis ... haha! By the way, does auctionads accept adult related sites, they should right! Because eBay has lots of adult items to sell. Correct me if I am wrong

hsvhsv, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  18. nicerolex

nicerolex Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be interesting to see how an adult rated site would do with Auction ads, people tend to throw there entire wallets at that sort of thing.

nicerolex, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  19. Kieron

Kieron Peon

Best Answers:
    Its very probable that AuctionAds are on a "secret" higher tier for the eBay affiliate program. This is how they can offer 100% back on the published commissions back to affiliates. Having said that they may well be on "standard" tiers and looking to monetise AuctionAds by other means, maybe sponsorship, ad placement or maybe just selling the business on at some point when it has enough users.

Kieron, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  20. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The interview conducted by John Reese with Jeremy ShoeMoney he stated that they have investors and intend to approach eBay for an additional revenue stream which could account to a percentage of what they already are receiving as a higher tier. The AuctionADs philosophy is that the minimum payment will be 100% of the ebay affiliate payout. Therefore the alternative is for AuctionADs to establish other revenue streams from eBay, this may equate to 1% of what they generate from the highest tier.
    However from what I have gathered, it will be determined by the revenue generate from the highest tier; but not tied into it. This maintains the ethos and philosophy of 'minimum 100% payout' and still determines a revenue stream for AuctionAds. Jeremy is very much a 'Internet Marketeer 2.0', this means one who will consult with users and very much transparent in his methods and approaches; he is not the sort that needs to hide from his users how he generates his revenue be it from auctionads or shoemoney blog. In fact the opposite effect has been proven! The more you tell people how you make money giving away your secrets the more people admire, endorse and support you.
    In conclusion: When eBay started paying AuctionADs, we will definately hear about it ;)

inet, Jun 16, 2007 IP