1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shockingly Good Free Tool!!!

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by ! !, Jul 9, 2004.

http://www.gorank.com/seotools/

:eek:

! !, Jul 9, 2004 IP
    schlottke likes this.
  2. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    interesting find :)

one of the top 10's in for our term has a density of 33%. weird.

disgust, Jul 9, 2004 IP
  3. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's a great tool!

ResaleBroker, Jul 9, 2004 IP
  4. tlewis33

tlewis33 Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.keyworddensity.com

Highly recommended

tlewis33, Jul 9, 2004 IP
  5. ResaleBroker

Best Answers:
    I like them both. The first was a little more detailed though.

6. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Good find! Stupid question but what are htags?

DarrenC, Jul 9, 2004 IP
  7. ResaleBroker

Best Answers:
    Heading Tags

"The recommendations of the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) for page-setting asks for the use of tags < H > to define the headings. Its employment defines the structure of the document."

8. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Hey wwhhomes, I'm sure that htags=heading tags, though when I tested the goRanks tool with one of my sites and it didn't pick up my keyword in my h1 and h2 even though i KNOW they're there... weird.

My absolute favourite is the excellent http://www.ranks.nl/tools/spider.html where you can tap in another URL to compare at the result page - best to use big monitor and big desktop...

Lever, Jul 9, 2004 IP
  9. ! !

! ! Guest

Best Answers:
    ! !, Jul 9, 2004 IP
  10. nohaber

nohaber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't believe people waste their time building "keyword density" tools. Keyword density has NEVER BEEN used by Google in the ranking process. If you don't believe me, just read the paper about Google's prototype.
    There is no sense in using keyword density.

nohaber, Jul 9, 2004 IP
  11. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Totally - this tool has improved from where it was but the only thing of real use here is the ontology provider for related words - but you can get that off Wordtracker or your own brain :)

Foxy, Jul 10, 2004 IP
  12. nadlay

nadlay Guest

Best Answers:
    If keyword density doesn't have an effect, why do people seem to get worked up about finding sites near the top of the searches which have got there using keyword-stuffing spamming techniques.

Surely, if keyword density didn't have any effect on rankings, then these spamming techniques wouldn't get these sites so high in the rankings.

nadlay, Jul 10, 2004 IP
  13. nohaber

nohaber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's the number of keyword instances that matters, not the density. Read the paper about Google's prototype and check the part with the Information Retrieval Score. I will paste the most relevant info below:
    -----
    Google maintains much more information about web documents than typical search engines. Every hitlist includes position, font, and capitalization information. Additionally, we factor in hits from anchor text and the PageRank of the document. Combining all of this information into a rank is difficult. We designed our ranking function so that no particular factor can have too much influence. First, consider the simplest case -- a single word query. In order to rank a document with a single word query, Google looks at that document's hit list for that word. Google considers each hit to be one of several different types (title, anchor, URL, plain text large font, plain text small font, ...), each of which has its own type-weight. The type-weights make up a vector indexed by type. Google counts the number of hits of each type in the hit list. Then every count is converted into a count-weight. Count-weights increase linearly with counts at first but quickly taper off so that more than a certain count will not help. We take the dot product of the vector of count-weights with the vector of type-weights to compute an IR score for the document. Finally, the IR score is combined with PageRank to give a final rank to the document.
    For a multi-word search, the situation is more complicated. Now multiple hit lists must be scanned through at once so that hits occurring close together in a document are weighted higher than hits occurring far apart. The hits from the multiple hit lists are matched up so that nearby hits are matched together. For every matched set of hits, a proximity is computed. The proximity is based on how far apart the hits are in the document (or anchor) but is classified into 10 different value "bins" ranging from a phrase match to "not even close". Counts are computed not only for every type of hit but for every type and proximity. Every type and proximity pair has a type-prox-weight. The counts are converted into count-weights and we take the dot product of the count-weights and the type-prox-weights to compute an IR score. All of these numbers and matrices can all be displayed with the search results using a special debug mode. These displays have been very helpful in developing the ranking system.
    -------

nohaber, Jul 10, 2004 IP
  14. wolfpack

wolfpack Peon

Best Answers:
    So... Google cares about keyword count on a page, not keyword density.

So a high keyword density just means not much content surrounding the keywords. In other words, a highly SEO'd (as opposed to people-optimized) page. If you cared about that.

wolfpack, Jul 10, 2004 IP
  15. nadlay

nadlay Guest

Best Answers:
    Nohaber,

Thanks for posting that.

So I guess that means that having your keyword phrase on the page as many times as possible will help your ranking, and that's why those spam type pages exist and rank well.

nadlay, Jul 10, 2004 IP
  16. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I like you more all the time Nohaber.

I've been saying this for years. Keyword density is a non starter and people who spend their time obsessing over it are wasting their time. Why don't they do something useful, like building links.

To start with keyword density is an on-page attribute and we all know that on-page attributes have a minor role In SERP placement for any half way competitive keyword phrase. And I agree with you Nohaber Keyword density has no role in SERP placement.

compar, Jul 11, 2004 IP
  17. ! !

! ! Guest

Best Answers:
    ! !, Jul 19, 2004 IP
  18. Geir

Geir Berserker

Best Answers:
    I do not want to get into the debate on whether or not keyword density plays a role in SERP, but I think there are some great links in this thread, and I certainly find keyword density tools to be useful.

While I personally do not put too much weight on the actual density percentages, I think it is useful to see what words other important sites in the industry seem to target.

:) Geir

Geir, Jul 19, 2004 IP
  19. ! !

! ! Guest

Best Answers:
    http://www.binarypros.com/keyword-fisher/index.asp

:) this tool can be used to compliment the other - it analyzes up to 1000 web pages in Google SERPs for popular keywords and indicates their frequency ...

It is a asset in analyzing how important keyword frequency is in Google .

No one tool can be a panacea but taken together...

! !, Aug 2, 2004 IP
  20. ! !

! ! Guest

Best Answers:
    ! !, Dec 17, 2004 IP