1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shipping Providers

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by mgmidget, Jul 12, 2016.

Hi there

I'm just in the process of starting an e-commerce business in USA and my only stumbling block seems to be getting the shipping companies to sit down and open an account with me - they won't take my calls, let alone call me back!

I have tried UPS and FedEx.

In the UK, there are services that give you access to corporate rate pricing without having initial huge volume.

I'd appreciate any suggestions?!

mgmidget, Jul 12, 2016 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you are in the UK you may want to look into fulfillment. The last time I had to deal with this for a client not in the US I went with these folks. http://fulfillrite.com/

Clients got a sweet discount on shipping via fed ex as a result.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jul 12, 2016 IP
  3. mgmidget

mgmidget Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm US based and will be warehousing and dispatching myself.

mgmidget, Jul 12, 2016 IP
  4. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    Keep trying until you find a sales rep who is keen to earn a commission. Don't settle for less than 50% discount off schedule rates.

Schedule rates are only for casual or private shippers. Commercial shippers who pay those rates are newbies, or have made the mistake of giving their account number to an overseas supplier to send them something freight collect.

Make sure you get any shipping quotes in writing! That advice has saved many of my importing students huge amounts.

Walter Hay

Importexport, Jul 22, 2016 IP