1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sheraton Hotels - stingiest commission rate in history?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by NAZAM.COM, Nov 11, 2005.

Just saw this on CJ:

"When you connect with Sheraton, both you and your customers benefit. Each time you refer a customer to Sheraton, you earn a generous commission when they book a hotel room. With more than 400 hotels and resorts in over 70 countries, Sheraton offers the entire spectrum of comfort - from full-service hotels in major cities to luxurious resorts by the water.

Sheraton Affiliates Receive

Extremely competitive compensation package: $5.50 per hotel booking"

$5.50 a booking? Is that the meanest commission in history? Anybody know how much it costs for a couple to stay a week at the Sheraton? I have no idea, as I've never been able to afford it.

NAZAM.COM, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  2. debare

debare Peon

Best Answers:
    Trust me, most travel merchants - hotels, car rentals, airlines and booking sites - all have horrible commissions. Actually $5.50 is great when compared to the others.

debare, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hotels run on very tight margins. I'm surprised they give up that much actually.

lorien1973, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  4. NAZAM.COM

NAZAM.COM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So you don't think the Sheraton makes more than 5 dollars in profit when a couple stay with them for a week and pay $2 or 3,000?

I have one of these fancy hotels across the road from my apartment. Me and my mate went in once and asked them how much it would be for one person for a week. They said £1,500 which is about $2,500. One person, for a week.

Another time I walked in and wanted to drink a cocktail. Checked the menu. It was $18 for one glass, so I walked straight out again :)

Remember: these hotel chains are more than happy to pay $2 a click in PPC search engines.

Relative to that $5 affiliate commission is very mean. But that's just my opinion. I wouldn't generate customers for any hotel for only a $5 flat fee.

NAZAM.COM, Nov 19, 2005 IP
  5. tresman

tresman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi all,

I do work not in a Sheraton, but in asimilar kind of Hotel.

My background information on what can they pay trough CJ or Adsense is null. But from what I know nearly all of these kinds of hotels pay at least a 10% to any travel agency or travel website. In fact, I could (but I won't do here, if someone is really interested pls PM) point you to a few of travel websites for "design - boutique hotels" that are actually charging 10-15% on every booking.

They are not the biggest hotel website and yes, they need many times to send you 2/3 emails, but the average booking is 3 nights in the range of 150 Euro - 200 Euro per night. So let's say, from 45 to 60 Euro (50$ to 70$).

In fact, there is already an online site for my location that pays 8% on each sale (1 year cookie).

So I must agree with others that 5$ ins't so much.

tresman, Nov 19, 2005 IP
  6. subigo

subigo Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys, I work for Expedia Inc. - Go sign up through them directly and get 5% commission on all bookings. $5 is a joke.

subigo, Nov 19, 2005 IP