1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rules Sharing Accounts

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Jenni Clark, Jan 28, 2013.

Hi moderators and admins.

I've signed up to DP recently on behalf of myself and my husband, we both have good uses for this forum and would like to be members. After reading your rules I understand you are very strict on duplicate accounts and the sharing of accounts.

My very simple question is, would we be penalized for sharing this account between the two of us? It just seems very silly for us to have to have different accounts when we'll be using the site for the same thing and from the same computer.

Kind Regards,
    Jenni & Matthew

Solved! View solution.
    Jenni Clark, Jan 28, 2013 IP
    Sharing accounts is not allowed. Each of you will need your own account.

Make sure you stay out of each other's threads. Do not like each other's threads or do anything thing to make us believe you are one and the same person.

Smyrl, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  3. Jenni Clark

Jenni Clark Banned

Best Answers:

But we also live together and use the same computer. How will any moderators realise that we are not "duplicate" accounts but instead are simply different people?

4. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd find it pretty ridiculous if they couldn't share any account when it's coming from the same computer, and same IP. What about those of us who use DP for business purposes and have several staff- do we need to be represented by numerous accounts rather than one "company account" so to speak? This isn't an admission of guilt of sharing an account- but I would have gone ahead and happily shared account details with my employees had I not have run into this thread...

Final clarification on this, please.

WebDev Solutions, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    OMG! Husband and wife giving each other likes. What a can of worms that is!:)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  6. Jenni Clark

Jenni Clark Banned

Best Answers:

This too is my "quarrel" as such. We are grown adults so therefore I don't see what the problem with us sharing a forum account would be...

7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Age has nothing to do with it. We just don't allow people to share accounts, that's all.

digitalpoint, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  8. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

If all our staff are office based and in the future you see 4 or 5 additional accounts related to just 1 IP - would we not run into issues with duplicate accounts? How will you accurately differentiate what's legitimate and what isn't? Providing there is a solution it's not a problem whatsoever- but if there isn't then it needs looking at.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  9. CoreyPeerFly

CoreyPeerFly Notable Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    This may have changed:

CoreyPeerFly, Jan 28, 2013 IP