1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Share your views on this single letter premium domain name

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by alistair80, May 5, 2010.

hey there,

any appraisal and/or development suggestions for:

thanks to all in advance :)

alistair80, May 5, 2010 IP
  2. bk871

bk871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Single letter, or single word?

bk871, May 6, 2010 IP
  3. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    this is not single letter

IsraeI, May 6, 2010 IP
  4. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Share your views on this single letter premium domain name :confused: where is single letter premium domain ?

chandan123, May 6, 2010 IP
  5. alistair80

alistair80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry...mistyped in hurry...

SINGLE WORD...yes! anyways...any appraisal for
    The .com counterpart is valued at close of $2 millions. I do plan on keeping this one for the while...and make something off it later!

alistair80, May 6, 2010 IP
  6. Cheat

Cheat Peon

Best Answers:
    The domain is OK but Why did you choose .BZ ?

Cheat, May 6, 2010 IP
  7. alistair80

Best Answers:
    The .com is owned by Atlantis. .bz is used by many businesses around the world. Just like .biz. The good thing is...if promoted right, it doesnt suffer from ranking anomalies like lot of .us domains do. (Dont get me wrong, i am a big fan of .us and hope things get better for that extension cuz I happen to own some good ones myself :))

Exact searches for the keyword is about 250000 a month...and about 450000 global! The cpc is about 2 bucks...The thing is...it could be transformed into an awesome Resorts Directory around the world. The domain being short...I just felt it'd be brandable.

8. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think using it for a Directory or search could work well but i think you are limited as a result of the .bz i could be wrong.

Mega B, May 6, 2010 IP
  9. Cheat

Cheat Peon

Best Answers:
    According to google, .BZ = Belize & .BIZ = Business

http://google.biz
    http://google.bz

In other words, your website will be ranked high in Belize but unfortunately it's not ranked the same way as .BIZ.

Cheat, May 6, 2010 IP
  10. alistair80

Best Answers:
    To be honest, i tested a few sites myself. .bz or any extension for that matter rank better than .us domains. the worst thing about .us domains is that they dont even rank for their own keyword...i believe it's primarily due to the reluctance of domainers to use this extension and also the incapacity to promote the extension by the registrar. I have one good .us domain ...fairly newly built though. But I know and "feel" that it'd take me a while to rank for that keyword :)

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  11. Cheat

Cheat Peon

Best Answers:
    .BIZ is designed for people searching business related stuff ur site comes on top on google.
    .BZ is designed for people searching in Belize.

Cheat, May 6, 2010 IP
  12. alistair80

Best Answers:
    I know what bz stands for! The thing is it is used as BIZ...google the info and you'll figure out that many US companies have their company url with .bz. Outside that country, the registrant always marketed the extension as "business-related". Coming to the top of search engines depend primarily on seo and not the extension...with a little exception to the rule: the .us!

13. Cheat

Cheat Peon

Best Answers:
    Some people will say that .BZ is a typo or .BIZ

I agree it sounds like a "business-related" extension. I actually own a .BZ domain and i can tell you that search engines do not recognize it as a "business-related" extension compared to .BIZ

But if you have a strong SEO maybe you could defeat the way how google recognize it.

Cheat, May 6, 2010 IP
  14. alistair80

Best Answers:
    Did you do any SEO on the site? Any link building by targeting a set of 2 or 3 keywords?

15. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    it works for seo , minisites :) for resell not much u can expect. $xx range

chandan123, May 6, 2010 IP
  16. alistair80

Best Answers:
    TV is the toplevel domain (TLD) for Tuvalu! ....It all depends on how you can market your domain (including the extension) and your budget! ;)

17. Cheat

Cheat Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't compare .TV with other ccTLD.

Go to google.tv and you will be redirected to google.com (strange isn't it?)

.TV is a global entertainment extension and not a Tuvalu extension anymore because verisign bought it.

Look:

http://www.verisign.com/domain-name-services/domain-name-registries/tv-domain-names/index.html
    http://www.verisign.tv/

[​IMG]

According to Verisign .TV is the "joker card" .COM is the "king card" .NET is the "queen card".

.ORG & .BIZ are not part of Verisign.

My .BZ is redirected to my .COM

I just have it redirected because i think BZ is a cool word and and it's an unrestricted extension compared to other exotic ccTLDs.

To answer your question: NO... only on .COM .NET and .TV

Last edited: May 6, 2010
    Cheat, May 6, 2010 IP
  18. alistair80

Best Answers:
    There is no other way to promote .tv by Verisign without marketing it as TeleVision....same goes for .me (Montenegro)...

Many domainers...specially newbies dont even know and many believe .me was created for "ME" LOL At the end of the day...all these are hack domains...ALL domains...no matter what companies that own them say. They have no other way to "sell" that extension as ccTLDs.

19. Cheat

Cheat Peon

Best Answers:
    .TV is not the same as .ME

If you go to google.me, you will see that it's a 100% Montenegro extension and at google.tv you get redirected to google.com

- .NAME is the real extension for personal namespace since 2001
    - .ME on the other hands is trying to position itself as a .NAME but because of it's shortness, it gained more registry for personal namespace then .NAME.
    - Human logic tells that it's better to a domain name like STEVE.ME then STEVE.NAME, this is why .NAME is failing. Short = Better
    - Google doesn't care about the definition of a domain extension, all they care is the country definition but .TV is a special TLD what works like the ".COM" of entertainment.
    - .TV was the first ccTLD but it as been purchased by Verisign (founder of .COM .NET) and now they have full control of it and they designed to be a media extension.
    - Tuvalu is a 3rd world country. a coconut island, Internet there is non existent. .TV would be a useless extension if it was targeted for Tuvalu people. Hell those people cannot afford a One Laptop per Child.

Just like .TV isn’t billed as the Tuvalu extension nor is .ME is billed as the Montenegro extension, .CO won’t really be billed by registrars as the Colombia extension to most companies and domain buyers. You can see in many of the marketing materials that .CO is being billed as the extension for Companies, where Company is most frequently abbreviated as Co. A company known as “The Sports Car Company” would likely be interested in owning SportsCar.co, not to capitalize on .com traffic, but because that’s an extension of their brand.
    I am sure there will be plenty of people who acquire .CO domain names primarily for the typo traffic that may occur as a result of the visitor forgetting the “m” in .com. However, there is a real business reason to use .CO in addition to this usage.

On the flip side, I could easily see building out on Vegas.co, especially if I had significant interest in Las Vegas tourism. I would probably start a tourism LLC called “Vegas Tourism Company” or something of that sort, and Vegas.co would make sense. It would be more memorable and logical than the .com could be.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
    Cheat, May 7, 2010 IP
  20. alistair80

Best Answers:
    Tuvalu still owns 20% of .tv....and receives royalties every year. Would you say the same for .mu? I find .mu as The best possible hack for music. Thats what they tried to represent it as from the beginning...

alistair80, May 7, 2010 IP