1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Share Reasons Why you should not use Joomla as a CMS

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by sarah_23, Nov 21, 2013.

Beside the Utmost popularity and a millions people community to backup joomla as a leading CMS option for your site, some of the people find joomla annoying and not that "Good" enough to be recommended for websites.
    If you are among those who don't like joomla , share your opinion what's exactly wrong with it.

sarah_23, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  2. AHAngel

AHAngel Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes it seems too complicated for beginners. But everything else is great when you get into it.

AHAngel, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  3. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    Most of time beginners of Joomla are terrified by multitude of possibilities and functions of joomla (CMS) ,
    so if you want to built your site in simple way , i would say , it would be wiser to use other CMS.
    Joomla has limited plugins adjustments even though it has many modules and templates, it is always missing something for the more advanced users.

dean1122, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  4. sarah_23

sarah_23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I personally used Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal and some other CMS. I found joomla with immense possibilities . The community is huge and JED has almost every thing for all kind of needs. Then too i see many peoples hating joomla and talks negative about it. Just curious to know the cons of joomla.

sarah_23, Mar 30, 2014 IP
  5. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    I've tried Joomla making an online store with Virtuemart and I had hated Joomla's logic of categories-positions, its checking to put something on the front page... I'm sure it's a great system, but it makes you do much more than you'd like to.
    I run several web-sites on Wordpress and it's really much easier. Everything's just on it's place and understood intuitively.

Karuna17, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  6. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is so much easier to use than Joomla. It is perfect for blogging and simpler sites and also for beginners.

Drupal has much better functionality and is perfect for database driven sites.

For ecommerce, forums, etc. I would use a CMS designed for that purpose.

Joomla seems to sit somewhere in the middle, so for me I would usually overlook it for another CMS

uand.eye, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  7. sarah_23

sarah_23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Okey, but for me wordpress don't fit as CMS. The best part is module and its position, you can place any thing any where in joomla but on the other hand, wordpress widget don't do much..

sarah_23, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  8. sarah_23

sarah_23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hmm for Ecommerce we have hikkashop, for forum we have kunena, perfect components and work like charm.

sarah_23, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  9. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but then you have Drupal, which is even better. WordPress for simple sites and Drupal for most others.

uand.eye, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  10. sarah_23

sarah_23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    hmmm i feel drupal little more complicated, the front end ending concept is little too messy. May be i don't know much, no idea..

sarah_23, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  11. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    Drupal is more complicated, but its worth taking the time to learn. When you do, you will not want to go back to Joomla

uand.eye, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  12. Kenneth Pabon

Kenneth Pabon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Drupal is not good for beginner user, Joomla is have tons of free stuffs and pre-made plugins. Wordpress is good for advance and coder user.

For basic blogging I choose wordpress since wordpress design natively for this thing.

but for basic information/website I choose joomla.

Kenneth Pabon, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  13. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    why would you choose joomla over WordPress for a simple information site?

uand.eye, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  14. sarah_23

sarah_23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    For me wordpress is just too simple to be used for clients. I personally prefer joomla for all website, from simple to highly complicated web application joomla seems to do all size fit.

sarah_23, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  15. Rickeo

Rickeo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because everything it does Wordpress does better?

Rickeo, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  16. Kenneth Pabon

Kenneth Pabon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually wordpress and joomla is capable to do everything, just the question is the developer/coder. Even for beginner, the opinion is 50 50.

Kenneth Pabon, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  17. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    Drupal is much better as its Open Source and many Extensions for Drupal are Free and easy to modify than Joomla which mainly have paid extensions ...

jazzyjmnote, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  18. Claudia_A

Claudia_A Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Joomla! is also Open Source and some of the available extensions listed in JED are free as well. I guess the main downside to Joomla! recently is the revised STS/LTS policy. While users with older Joomla! versions are being urged to upgrade to the latest version due to lack of support, not all of them are pleased with the new strategy. For some of them, upgrading from 1.5 or 2.5 to 3.3.3 can be a hassle, especially if they have components which are not compatible with 3.3.3. From the support's P.O.V., it's less stress and more time and energy to focus on the newest versions and how they can be better implemented.
    In the end, every CMS has its limitations and highlights. There isn't really one which is better than the other. Sure, WordPress is noob-proof, but it can't sustain a large online business. Sure, Magento is eCommerce's crown jewel, but it's ineffective if you hold back on resources. It's a matter of taste choosing a CMS, I believe.

Claudia_A, Sep 10, 2014 IP