1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shakin’ Em Up

Discussion in 'Google' started by mortgage-pro-seo, Dec 16, 2004.

1. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, this morning, most of my vanished kwds have reappeared. Still lost a bit of ground on them, but only a few places, rather than being wiped out. And the ones that only lost a bit of ground before, are moving back up. None are back to the original rank, but getting close. Whew!

dazzlindonna, Dec 23, 2004 IP
  2. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    Only minor improvements for me. Still nowhere close to before this latest change.

a389951l, Dec 23, 2004 IP
  3. amberstar702

amberstar702 Peon

Best Answers:
    HansV:

Your website is very artistic and beautiful. I would like to exchange links with you and am sending you a PM with details. Happy Holidays to you! :)

amberstar702, Dec 23, 2004 IP
  4. wrkalot

wrkalot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not over yet... I feel like i'm on the end of a seesaw. Just when I get to the top, and think everything is going to be OK, the person on the other end jumps off... and crash!

wrkalot, Dec 23, 2004 IP
  5. HansV

HansV Peon

Best Answers:
    Wrkalot why you think it's not over ? It seems rather stable to me, and bad as well, for me it is :-(.

Nobody any thoughts on this question?

I also noted that with the site:domain.com command there are some sites with my page on their URL. Is that legal or normal? Is google panalizing me for dub content?

The normal site URL= http://www.lovechess.nl/artoflove/

The strange urls are:
    erotic-artworks.com/cgi-bin/top100/out. cgi?id=frontosa&url=http://www.lovechess.nl%2Fartoflove

www.adultartlinks.com/AdultArt100/out. php?id=frontosa&url=http://www.lovechess.nl%2Fartoflove

www.pretty-sexy.com/go.php?104

www.ameanet.com/wsnlinks/link.php?id=431

Or am I just being paranoia?

HansV, Dec 23, 2004 IP
  6. younghistorians

younghistorians Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's how I feel too. I get really great SERPS, then the next day, BAM!

younghistorians, Dec 23, 2004 IP
  7. wrkalot

wrkalot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I watch a wide range of keywords in my industry. A few are still bouncing wildly from day to day. Give it another day or 2 to settle down before you do anything drastic.

Regarding your other question about the URLs. It looks to me like your getting good, natural links from some of those sites. The redirects to your site may not pass any PR though. At least their not stealing your content and making it there own :)

wrkalot, Dec 23, 2004 IP
  8. HansV

HansV Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks wrkalot, I was just paranoia :)

HansV, Dec 24, 2004 IP
  9. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone seen any drastic improvements to their optimised KW's over the last few days?

My KW's are jumping all over the place.. still no consistancy.

DarrenC, Dec 26, 2004 IP
  10. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    Depending upon what you mean...

Yes...drastic improvements from the big losses that occurred a few days ago.
    No...not drastic improvements from the original rankings before the big losses.

So, in summary, the big losses that the kwds took have seen huge improvements but are still not back to their former glory.

dazzlindonna, Dec 26, 2004 IP
  11. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here Donna, weird thing is that I improved the number of BL's (various PR3-PR7 links) and this appears to have had a negative effect on the serps! So I'm just sitting tight and see what happens over the next week..

DarrenC, Dec 26, 2004 IP
  12. HansV

HansV Peon

Best Answers:
    Strangly for the kw from before I'm nowhere to be found, but for a lot of new ones I suddenly am. But all are humping all over. They move sometimes 10000 positions.. huh... acording to the keywordtracker tool from this forum.

HansV, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  13. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    Yep. I'm experiancing exactly the same as most people. I thought I was crazy at 1st, since I was out of town (and therefore not checking my KW's) from Dec. 10th - 20th. Looks like some sort of algo change. I've dropped 50ish places for many KW's that I've been in the top 5 for a long time, but I'm gaining position (from out of nowhere) on more competitive KW's that I havn't been trying for. Weird, but it looks like it may be beneficial in the long run...

ViciousSummer, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  14. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Is everyone still seeing red one day, green the next? I'm really hoping something changes soon, I've been getting more links but it's not having an impact on the serps. When I do allinanchor: keyword I'm in the same position as prior to December, first page for all of my keywords.

DarrenC, Dec 29, 2004 IP
  15. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    Prior to the update that began 12/15/04 I was #36 for my main phrase. I fell to about #75 and have slowly come back to about #38, depending upon the data center (although there are still wide variations between DCs for my main phrase).

I too have been expecting a rise in SERPs. I'd be very happy with making it to #30. But there's not much to do other than wait, and keep adding select links.

longcall911, Dec 29, 2004 IP
  16. mcdar

mcdar Peon

Best Answers:
    As many of you already know, I check all of the datacenters every day to record the position of the experiment page we have been monitoring for the past 8 mos. I record the results in a Daily Update in another thread on this forum.

I check the serps early morning (EST) every day. BUT in the last several days, I have had occassion to check the datacenters again much later in the day.

There is something ODD that is happening day after day.

Morning check finds the experiment page at position #8 then sometime later in the day this same page jumps to position link #18 or #22 on a small number of datacenters. The next morning, it is back at position #8 or so on these datacenters again.

I have recorded all of today's data and made a table to show the position on the different datacenters as of 8:AM (EST). I will check back later today to see if the same phenomenon happens today and update the table.

You can view the table with this mornings results here...

I used the Datacenter Quick Check tool to gather these results.

I brought all of this up to see if others would find this same swing in results from one time of day to another - from one datacenter to another.

Thanks,
    Caryl

mcdar, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  17. lowrider14044

lowrider14044 Raider

Best Answers:
    Hi Caryl.....I use your tool and it's great. I've seen the same thing as well as other strange things. Some of my KW's show up just fine in all data centers in top 20 places but when checked directly in Google their nowhere to be found. Can't be found using Shawn's GW tracker either. Then all of a sudden they appear later in the day. Other KW's have been fluctuating as much as 50 places depending on teh time of day checked. This is directly in Google. Also the cache dropping pages like flies that were indexed and are still there but showing pages that have been gone for over a year. I don't know what their doing but their driving me crazy. Well at least crazier then I already was. :)

lowrider14044, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  18. HansV

HansV Peon

Best Answers:
    I see the same, keywords dropping thousends of places down and back again. Als other keywords jumping up and down ( 10 places or more ).

HansV, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  19. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, Caryl, the serps are outrageously unstable lately. If ever there was a time for the "google is broken" threads, it would be now. Ooops, i feel the darts being thrown at me already. :)

dazzlindonna, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  20. mortgage-pro-seo

mortgage-pro-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Is G the new official Grinch?

mortgage-pro-seo, Dec 30, 2004 IP