1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Setting up a subdomain called www

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by davidness, Mar 8, 2014.

Hello,

I have a site that has a few links pointing to www. www. mydomain.com. I've tried to set up a subdomain called "www" in cPanel but it's not allowing me to do so.

Does anyone know a work-around to this? Ideally I woud like to redirect www .www .mydomain.com to www.mydomain.com.

Thanks!

davidness, Mar 8, 2014 IP
  2. JoshDylan

JoshDylan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its not possible to setup a subdomain like www. www. yourdomain.com. The way apache parses the request will cause loop issues. You could technically add a DNS A record for the www but 9/10 its already created for the use of www. yourdomain.com.

JoshDylan, Mar 9, 2014 IP
  3. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Impossible!
    A dns A record is already there for www . yourdomain . com, if it is not there, then your domain will not work when someone visits www . yourdomain . com

A subdomain www. will conflict with the dns record and cpanel is preventing it.
    it is best that you create ww1.yourdomain.com, if you have files hosted in many different servers.

Sugavanas, Mar 9, 2014 IP