1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Setting up a new blog as a subdomain. Will it be indexed good enough ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kaiser2011, Sep 4, 2010.

I have a main blog up and running (houseoftech.co.uk). I wanted to start another blog but i do not have enough cash atm to get me a new hosting. I am however going to a buy a new domain for that blog.

My blog's webhost is bluehost. And they give the option to host a new blog as a sub blog and assign a sub domain to it. ( With wordpress settings i can change the domain to the new domain i bought).

My question was, will this be effective when it comes to SEO. Will it get indexed in the Google Search. The new blog I am trying to make is about money (entirely different from my previous one)

P.S: I am asking this because i had previously set up a blog like this. It is still running but i am about to give it up. (sportsStreamingLive.com) I however saw some irregularities in the Stats in Wordpress ( I use slimstat plugin)
    Most my traffic was from Facebook however it kept showing me the source as houseoftech.co.uk/so on
    I have placed no link on the original blog nor even advertised or mentioned in anyway

kaiser2011, Sep 4, 2010 IP
  2. SEOTranslator

SEOTranslator Member

Best Answers:
    For all purposes, a subdomain is a completely different domain. Not only from the point of view of the DNS, but also from the point of view of the search engines.

So yes, you can create a subdomain for your blog,and it will not affect your main domain in the search engines. It will not hurt either the SEO you perform for the subdomain.

just one advice: If the subdomain could potentially be penalized by the search engines, then make sure that you do not have cross-links between the main domain and the subdomain.

P.D. For indexing, you'll have to submit it to the search engines separately. As it is a domain of its own, it will not be identified by the search engines, unless you have a link to it from the main domain. And as I pointed out above, that might be sometimes not a good idea...

SEOTranslator, Sep 5, 2010 IP