1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Set up multimedia-heavy content website (e-learning-software)

Discussion in 'Programming' started by municfkd, Jul 19, 2019.

I'm planning a very content-heavy website that's best described as an e-learning software. Here is a very basic prototype framework to get the idea:

http://www.lukaswoegerer.com/historyhorntest01/

So a page would look like the above, containing a lot of pictures, text (and a playable reading by a voice actor for each text), audio and video samples. To get a grip of the scale, the above link will be one page out of approx. 100. Sometimes more content than in the example.

Also, it should be available in two languages (would be nice to build that dynamically [like loading all the text from an xml file], but it would be okay to just build two directories of the full project, one for each language)

What's the best approach to this? Mine would be to build from scratch, just simple HTML, CSS, Bootstrap. Or is a CMS the way to go here? I have some experience with wordpress, but always found it a bit bloated for my liking. I love building from zero, just adding stuff like bootstrap, jquery etc. when needed. I just don't know if it's the right way to go here, as it's such a big project and building everything in a simple text editor with tedious html tags with 1500 pictures, audio links and all that in two languages already gives me a headache [​IMG]

I know this question doesn't have one true answer, i'm looking for opinions or suggestions from people, who have experience in building those kind of projects and can shed some light on the pros and cons of a cms vs. static html in this case.

looking forward to your thoughts, thanks in advance

municfkd, Jul 19, 2019 IP