1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Session variables

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by xamd404, Feb 18, 2011.

Hello everyone,

Right now I have a system set up on a website that stores game data and displays it. So i have a game form, I put in the game info like "name of game: game 1", etc... the game is the stored in the database. What then happens is the game is set according to users. So im a user called xamd404 when i go to my games i can see this game that was set for me. The users name is set in the table by anyone with access to the database. So i access the database and in the empty username field of the game's table i add in the username, in this case xamd404.

How im doing this is im using session variables on dreamweaver. So the games table contains a username field and that field gets filled with xamd404 and that allows the game to show up for that user only when the game record set is filtered by the username.

What im trying to do is set games for more users though. So 2 or 3 users can see 1 game at a time on their games page.

Any ideas?

Thanks

xamd404, Feb 18, 2011 IP