1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Session Mixup

Discussion in 'C#' started by JudyJiaStyle, Apr 18, 2007.

A little history, I'm working on making a central login system for many different databases. The old code has one login system for each database even though it pulled from the same login info. Now, I'm trying to transition it into just one single login, but I've stumbled onto a problem.

Each of the database login page checks if the session variable from the main login exists, if it does, it redirects right into the database, bypassing its own login prompt.

But on one database, its own login will work, but the main login won't. They will both lead to a 3rd party database that verifies traffic by a referral URL, but the main login will lead to a 'non-user' site on the database while the other login goes to the database access page. It's weird because the database only checks that traffic is coming from a secure referral URL, and both the logins verify IDs and refers to the database site. Any ideas?

JudyJiaStyle, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  2. ccoonen

ccoonen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Verify cookies are manually set (not set by saying Session("username") = "wow")

This way cookies can be cross-domain and sessions can be persistant throughout all your sites :)

ccoonen, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  3. JudyJiaStyle

JudyJiaStyle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.

JudyJiaStyle, May 2, 2007 IP