1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Session Id is getting Expired

Discussion in 'C#' started by psubbus, Jan 2, 2008.

Hi Friends,

I am new to ASP. I have one application which on specific time executes a program (batch) which will send an SMS to all registered users. There is another application which will acknowledge the user via SMS. Now both the applications has to call a same server. So when the batch is executing it will establish a connection and a session will be created and it will transfer the messages. Suppose when the batch is executing during that time if a new new user is getting logged in means then the session gets expired and the batch will not further execute. I have to ensure that both the operations are successful. Please heelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp.

psubbus, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  2. urstop

urstop Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you detail the requirement a bit clearer.

As sessions are user specific I dont know why your user's session is killing the batch job's session. You can PM me the details if you would like.

urstop, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  3. yugolancer

yugolancer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When a new user is getting logged in a new session is created on the server. And he is able to do the same thing at the same time without interupting the process of the other users.
    However, you should be careful with the session as they are memory consuming for the server. It could affect the performance of your web application.

HTH
    Regards :)

yugolancer, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  4. webexpert

webexpert Banned

Best Answers:
    i think, actually, when users get sign in, creating user session is actually not terminating your batch process.. it seems that there is some piece of code executing after user gets login.. and in result of that piece of code your batch process is terminating.. check your code carefully and see if there is some confliction..

webexpert, Jan 17, 2008 IP