1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SE's verses SEO's

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by anthonycea, Jun 21, 2004.

1. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Who could keep up with reading all of the stuff she writes?

SE have you been being good?

I don't like their forum because of censorship, OK

I never claimed she was my hero, but Danny Sullivan quotes her alot and he is one of the best writers in the trade.

So she must have something to offer, you know guys, no one is right 100% of the time, so can we cut each other some slack once in a while.

I guess you could say that the folks running the government are not experts since the World Trade Center got hit on 9/11 but someone has to be in those positions, Right?

anthonycea, Jun 21, 2004 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    SEOBITCH is not her site, but was put up by the gang at Webworkshop, you want to talk about arses, there you go.

3. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, but does she?

What's that supposed to mean? ; )

SEbasic, Jun 21, 2004 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I am asking you the question, an opinion of yourself, have you been good?

She must know something since Danny Sullivan quotes her in his articles, he is considered the foremost writer in the industry.

5. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been excelent thank you anthony...

How about you?

Busy night working (As this is not the most social job in the world, I decided to get a bar job to meet some new people)...

Pretty tired now...

Anyway...

I have no doubt she does know things, I just object to her general manner and attitude... Rude, and genreally gets on my nerves...

SEbasic, Jun 21, 2004 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well if you were happy you would not be at Digital Point, but at her forum, so I am sure that TheMasteroftheUniverse is happy about that.

I am the same as always, down and out man, down and out..........

Remember ________ the dumb ________, don't let it get to you.

Now back to the SEO vs SEO vs SE's war...... :eek:

7. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Nite time...

Gotta go to bed...

SE's vs SEO's, I'm with Compar...

No big Feud...

As long as there are SE's there will be SEO's...

The SEO's help the SE's to improve and find better ways of filtering the information they find - in as much as the SE's have to get better in order to beat all the spamming*...

My 2 cents...

*please let's not get too caught up in the semantics of this word

SEbasic, Jun 21, 2004 IP
  8. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    By whom? I agree he is one of the foremost writer, but that is a lot different from being a foremost authority.

These guy, Jill, Danny and others have done a magnificent job of branding and promoting themselves. That doesn't mean they know anything or are right. But if they all kiss each other asses they think that it will further enhance their brand. Can't you see Anthony, it's all a marketing conspiracy.

compar, Jun 21, 2004 IP
  9. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    You are wrong Anthony. I never hated you. I don't hate anybody -- well Jill Whalen comes as close as anybody, but it is more despise than hate.

In your case Anthony I just thought you were a jerk. You may have hated me for thinking you were a jerk, but if you hated everybody who thought you were a jerk you would need a lot of hate to go round.

I thought that your participation is a couple of threads recently had been really constructive. I even gave you a positive reputation vote a day or so ago.

But on this thread you are quickly sinking back to jerkdom. Why do you want to foster this antagonism. Just let sleeping dogs lie. Don't rub one SEO expert in the face of another. There are some fairly strong differences of opinion in this industry. We don't need you to be the agent provocateur in this issue.

compar, Jun 21, 2004 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Thats the old Bob we know and love, what do you mean a jerk, a lot of hate, come on Bob thats a stretch, Right?

Not me, I have never been a jerk.....

Well you don't agree completely with me on DS, I think he is the foremost SE Expert around, I never said anything about the others.

I think DS is a honest broker of the news, he has ethics as a writer first, I like that.

So everyone has differing opinions on who they think are experts.

Bob, I think you are a expert, so you can take that with a grain of salt if you wish. But there are more than one fish in this sea, you know that Bob.

We can all learn something from the other guy (or Gal) even if they are not perfect or right all the time.

Yes some folks will compromise their ethics to make a buck, alot of folks think THEY (those that compromise their ethics are the smart ones since they grab the Gold first and answer questions later) are the foremost professionals.

If you look at that type of attitude it will bring you to ENRON, WORLDCOM, HEALTH SOUTH, ADELPHIA and a lot of other corporate corruption, Ken Lay is ready to be charged now is he not?

So sometimes your ethics and integrity can cost you money if you are not willing to lie and steal.

Getting back to Danny, I will tell you my "opinion" is that he is a ethical leader in this industry and an expert in my opinion.

I am not trying to pit SEO vs SEO or SEO's vs SE's, but facts are facts, there are unethical practices used by SEO's and SE's and sometimes they conspire together resulting in alot of "so called spam in the search index"

The paid inclusion issue and traffic redirection issues are being covered right now by Danny Sullivan and everyone should read those articles.

11. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Would you like to put that to a vote Anthony?

As to Danny Sullivan -- and we are all wrong at one time or the other -- he did some pretty wild speculation about the after math of Google's infamous Florida update, that most knowledgable observers thought was totally wrong.

He also is only human. As far as I know he puts his pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us.

compar, Jun 21, 2004 IP
  12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well Bob, didn't the members here already have a vote on me?

Now you want to put me through another election campaign?

Please Bob, have I not suffered enough here for you.

My wild speculation about the "So called Florida Update" is this, Google diluted the results so much to force webmasters to buy ADWORDS, not to stop spam.

What is yours in a short statement?

What was Danny's in a short statement?

Is it not a writers job to speculate to stimulate the thought process of his readership?