1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Server's Operating System

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Sep 24, 2011.

I upgraded the operating system on the servers that this site runs on (all servers were clean installed with formatted hard drives). If anyone notices anything weird, not working or out of place... please let me know. Hopefully I didn't forget anything. :)

digitalpoint, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  2. Stingerftw

Stingerftw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks pretty top notch here boss.

Stingerftw, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Finished the last server just now. I was holding off on it because it's the pseudo "master" web server and it does some special things that the others don't do. But everything *seems* to be working fine.

On a good note, the same hardware doing the same thing seems to be using only 10-20% of the resources it they were using before. I haven't seen a single slow query on the DB servers in days (so things should seem a little faster). It seems to be a combination of the new Linux kernel as well as using ext4 as the file system (which seems to be WAY faster/more efficient... in fact I found out Google migrated there more than 1,000,000 servers to use ext4 for their file system as well...)

digitalpoint, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  4. Chuckun

Chuckun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Smart move. I noticed the difference when swapping to ext4 a while ago. And fyi, the forums do seem quicker. Shocking story on Google btw.. Didn't know that. xD

Chuckun, Sep 26, 2011 IP