1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

server power supply

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by t0keym0n, May 2, 2008.

This is kinda more related to hardware, and since this forum doesn't have a hardware section, I'm gonna kinda assume that server administrators might have more expertise in this area.. so I hope this is ok to put here..

Basically, are there any power supplies that I can "jumper" permentaly.

My goal is: I have an empty atx case, but as far as I'm concerned, its an 8 bay hard drive NAS case or how ever you want to look at it. I had the default power supply in it, and I jumpered the green and the black pin to keep the power on WITH OUT a motherboard and it worked great! But after a month or so, the power supply did die, as all the blogs/forum post suggested it would.

Is there any thing I could do to power 8 hard drives in an empty case, with out a failing power supply? do they make power supplies that are able to run with out a motherboard? or perhaps an option I have yet to find?

Any ideas you might have would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks guys.

t0keym0n, May 2, 2008 IP
  2. royo

royo Peon

Best Answers:
    Stop being cheap and buy a mobo.

royo, May 2, 2008 IP
  3. t0keym0n

t0keym0n Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    but can i just get a cheap mobo and not have to do ram and processor too?

t0keym0n, May 2, 2008 IP