1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Server plan/package suggestion

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Nina Rose, Dec 22, 2014.

What will be *Real Time Visitor Amount* to move in "Dedicated Server Package"??

My site gets 400-700 "Real Time Visitors", and traffic amount increasing day by day. Right now i am using a VPS server plan. I think current plan is not enough.

*** Please suggest me what will be "Best Server Package" for My site??

Thank you

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    Nina Rose, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  2. RoseHosting

RoseHosting Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is your website based on? Can it be cached? Is it database driven?

Assuming the VPS has adequate resources, then Apache, Nginx or Litespeed can easily handle that kind of traffic.

RoseHosting, Dec 24, 2014 IP
  3. Nina Rose

Nina Rose Active Member

Best Answers:
    my site is running one a php script as a search engine....... no file host in my server...

Nina Rose, Dec 26, 2014 IP
  4. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not really sure what your configuration is but that amount of visitors is pretty low. I do believe that Dedicated Server will be an overkill and and am more inclined towards the idea that your current VPS is just low on resources. A good idea might be to check exactly your current server specs and browse around some hosting forums like WebHostingTalk. Check the offers in the VPS marketplace sections and see what your budget can get you with other companies. I am pretty sure that you will be able to find a much better server for the price you're paying (unless you are on a very cheap VPS which would explain the performance issues). ;)

Rado_ch, Dec 26, 2014 IP
  5. Nina Rose

Nina Rose Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now My site is running one a "Shared Hosting - Custom Privileged Cloud Hosting"
    > this hosting cost $25 per month
    ** my site gets Daily 100K Unique Visitors, Now this current hosting package runs my site smoothly. Because it can handle 500-1000 real time visitors.

*** If anyone knows Cheap offshore VPS hosting which can handle 500-1000 real time visitors or 100K+ unique visitors per day, please pm me.
    Thank You.

Here is my current Cpanel Configuration:

[​IMG]

Nina Rose, Dec 27, 2014 IP
  6. hostavps

hostavps Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to tell is simply see how good your site is doing. All because you are getting a lot of vistors doesnt mean you need a larger vps or server. Many people have lowendbox style vps and cloud that get thousands of visitors. I seen this one site that was a word press and got around 20,000 hits per day on 128 mb ram vps.

You can do a lot of things to conserve resources, one of which is getting rid of cpanel. ISPconfig and zpanel are 2 options that are better on resources. With ispconfig you can run nginx and php-fpm which is fast and resource optimal.

Another factor is your budget. Personally if I was trying to save money i would do a lowend setup and then determine if you need upgrade by setting how often your site is maxing out the resources, going down and such.

hostavps, Dec 27, 2014 IP
  7. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think search engine script can be intensive on CPU and maybe on RAM (if mysql tables are properly flushed? into RAM not into HDD).
    I think you shoud google on how to meter php script or server RAM/CPU usage. helpfull can be your script developer. or ask how to optimize the script so it uses less resources. Usually key optimization tasks are to offload image, javascript, css elements via some CDN and then make sure mysql goes into RAM not into HDD, then caching dynamic content or whole webpages as static content. Regarding search engine script, the top importance can be properly made database, so it uses indexes. you may try toachieve that all search results are stored in RAM so served extremelly fast and almost zero CPU intensive

postcd, Jan 3, 2015 IP
  8. kix_mc3

kix_mc3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I pay $11 and I have my own dedicated IP and it's simply working amazingly fast! I am not sharing this with everyone. Send me a PM if you're interested!

kix_mc3, Jan 7, 2015 IP