1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Server Partitioning Help

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by nuffsaid, Aug 22, 2016.

Holah

Im having a problem here , im trying to set up a dedicated server so i can install SolusVM on it for management .

on the tutorial is says that i must partition the hard drives for LVM but i have no ideas what values i must set there on that file .
    Since i can't copy and paste the contents of the file the only thing i can do is post a screenshot .

The requirements that SolusVM wants are as follows

/ 80GB+ (XEN templates & iso's will be stored in /home/solusvm/xen)
    SWAP 4GB max (Virtual servers won't use the host swap)
    Logical Volume Group (LVM) remaining space (Logical Volume Group Only, SolusVM will create the logical volumes for the virtual servers inside this group)
    We suggest a PE size of 32MB or above.
    Code (markup):
    The question is what values do i change on the screenshots attached here .

If they are any server masters here, your assistance will be greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

nuffsaid, Aug 22, 2016 IP
  2. RHS-Chris

RHS-Chris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

If you are only setting up a management node (no containers will be hosted on it), then you can leave your partitioning as you have it, 20gb set to your /home path. If you are going to host containers on the server, you should start with a new copy of your OS and partition the drive to use LVM during the initial setup (use a web install version of your OS).

Regards,
    Chris

RHS-Chris, Aug 22, 2016 IP