1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Server Management Panels - Which is most secure?

Discussion in 'Security' started by Phynder, Aug 5, 2007.

It seems the most popular panels - cpanel and plesk - are the greatest targets for exploits. Are there any server management panels that are more secure?

Phynder, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  2. Osaka

Osaka Peon

Best Answers:
    True they are the biggest targets but probably the most secure because of frequent updates

Osaka, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  3. pj1s

pj1s Active Member

Best Answers:
    Uhhh. Big question. The way lxadmin is built, it is supposed to make it pretty secure. No matter what, it is typically insecure software scripts, that do the damage or completely open outdated OS ... so it's just as much a question of updating and securing these ... as well as locking down ports, brute forcing (especially root and SSH), and doing things at the appropriate user level besides only thinking about CPs.

pj1s, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  4. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, system level security hardening is something which every dedi box owner should concentrate on. I use DirectAdmin on some of my VPSs and dedis...seems to be a good piece of software. :)

agnivo007, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  5. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cool - I will check out lxadmin and DirectAdmin. The problem is - even at RackSpace with supposed "locked down" boxes, some servers get compromised and the only logical weakness seems to be the admin panels.

Phynder, Aug 24, 2007 IP