1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Server load

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by kokozap, Sep 24, 2010.

hi friends i got a real problem

i have a VB forum and i have like 1000 - 1200 users online , 300000-400000 pageview a day and its getting more and more everyday
    lately my hosting hostgator closed my site/script and they send me this e-mail
    i made a research and did some changes like this

but still they close my site

what should i do i'm losing my visitors because every week they close my site and i change some of the script and still nothing helps

i got shared hosting

» Baby Plan

* UNLIMITED Domains
    * UNLIMITED Disk Space
    * UNLIMITED Bandwidth
    * Shared SSL Certificate

and im not sure what to do !!

please help

kokozap, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  2. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 15
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Well either upgrade your account immediately or switch hosts. I would be happy to have a chat with you about your hosting needs and get you setup, however unlimited hosting is never unlimited and we do not offer such shady offers. We can however incorporate payment plus advertising if your budget does not warrant your needs.

xInd, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  3. magicworld11

magicworld11 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Get a VPS as no shared hosting firm will allow high cpu usage.

magicworld11, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  4. RHS-Chris

RHS-Chris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is a prime example of "unlimited" not being "unlimited". Your site requires more resources that what they deem is "normal". Even if you upgrade to the next shared hosting plan, you will have these problems again. Your options are to move to another shared host that offers unlimited everything, and then come back and complain again, or, move to a shared host that does not offer unlimited everything, and hope that they have not oversold. With stats like you are reporting though, I would suggest you look at a VPS or dedicated server. VPS would be the first step though, as you will get some good hardware at a decent price, a dedicated will require you to shell out much more just to keep the server capable of handling your site, for now, and in the near future as it grows.

Chris

RHS-Chris, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  5. bhanuprasad1981

bhanuprasad1981 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    what version of vb you use ?have you tried using cache options? on vbulletin there are some suggestions in server optimization forum try to read and follow, at last switch host.

bhanuprasad1981, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  6. seodetectors07

seodetectors07 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 14
    if You receive high Traffic then try to move good VPS Server , However try to to check your traffic real human traffics or any Bot's.

seodetectors07, Sep 25, 2010 IP
  7. kokozap

kokozap Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    they told me we dont think that VPS Server will help you because you got load !!

im not sure if a vps is good idea !! anyway do you recommend me another hosting i had a bad experience with hosting

when i used http://www.justhost.com/ they closed my account from the first week and took my money over 100$ and no refund !! and the reason was over cpu %
    and byet hosting gave me a refund but didn't want my site withthem because of over cpu usage ??

can you recommend me a strong hosting more than hostgator with normal prices !! please servers you tried !

kokozap, Sep 25, 2010 IP
  8. ben.adict

ben.adict Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yes its better to get VPS or Dedicated server, there are many cheap severs out there 50$ / month below.

ben.adict, Sep 25, 2010 IP