1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Server error with PHP script - Yahoo MSN tracking

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by kickingback77, Apr 7, 2005.

The http I use with this PHP script is from 1936006.abiaccess.com/1.php
    I then get the follwoing error

Please fix the following errors...
    The advanced usage script URL is not valid.

I specifically paid for a server that could handle the PHP extensions for this tool and I can't get it to work. Please let me know what I need to do.

kickingback77, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  3. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Here is the first error that actually showed up in the error box (all other errors have been up abov) ---
    Shawn if you need more info on the site and search term please PM me and I will PM back what you need.
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in <b>/home/heywhat/public_html/kwtracker.php</b> on line <b>12</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  fsockopen(): unable to connect to api.search.yahoo.com:80 in <b>/home/heywhat/public_html/kwtracker.php</b> on line <b>12</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>/home/heywhat/public_html/kwtracker.php</b> on line <b>165</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in <b>/home/heywhat/public_html/kwtracker.php</b> on line <b>12</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  fsockopen(): unable to connect to api.search.yahoo.com:80 in <b>/home/heywhat/public_html/kwtracker.php</b> on line <b>12</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>/home/heywhat/public_html/kwtracker.php</b> on line <b>165</b><br />
    a:1:{s:7:"results";s:5:"14|16";}
    Code (markup):

debunked, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Looks like a DNS problem between the name servers your server uses and Yahoo.

5. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    interesting -- Most of the time it stops on the google listings but this was a first, so I don't think it is the ongoing problem. I will watch it more. I did what was recommended on a different thread - run google only without the tracker URL in place and then put it back and run MSN and Yahoo manually. Then it doesn't stop.

If not I get odd google KWP that show -9995 and the such for high ranking KWP.

Thanks Shawn

debunked, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  6. kickingback77

kickingback77 Member

Best Answers:
    My hosting company called and asked me a few questions about this PHP script.

"Do you know how the script is supposed to function? Is it
    supposed to do something if you go directly to it via the Web? Does the
    script have an interface that allows you to change things or login to
    it? I look forward to your reply regarding this."

The script is definately at the address. I FTP'd it there myself. How do I know it is installed properly?

kickingback77, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you open that URL in a bowser, what does it show for you? I get a file not found error.