1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Server Change and Issue in Keyword rankings.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Adnan Ahmed, Oct 30, 2013.

Hi All,

We have recently shifted our site to a dedicated server, two main keywords through which we were generating leads are not visible have been vanished from google search in last 3 days. Yesterday one keyword was visible at 6th Page while other keyword was seen on 16th page(after including the "ommitted search results" only.) These pages were seen as landing pages in Google analytics by 27, after that very few clicks for these keywords.
    As for as webmasters is concerned keywords are shown for very good position. For example it is showing estimated ranking for one keyword between 6 to 10 results while average position as 14. Google is showing both pages as indexed.One more thing I identified is that landing pages for one of keyword was crawled before server change. That page has still not been crawled yet. I have not submitted it to Indexing yet just to check impact of server change. It was last crawled on 21st October. But 2nd page was crawled on 25th. Server was moved on 22 Oct and 23 Oct. No any change from was done from development perspective. This was all my inspection and findings. If you have ever experienced such issue, I would love to hear from you!

Regards,

Adnan Ahmed, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it will come up back, dont' worry about it.

this usually happens after every algorithm update

also, you may wish to check if your server ip were used by spammers in the past?

check in spamhaus etc

competent123, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  3. The SEO Man

The SEO Man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do have a lot of experience with related SEO issues similar to what you are describing. I have a few questions related to the problem you are experiencing at Google.
    1. Did the site have any downtime during the transfer to the new server?
    2. Are you sure the new dedicated server is setup properly?
    3. Did you move the site to a new dedicated IP Address?
    4. Did you make any other changes to title, content, meta information, or pages within the site?

The SEO Man, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  4. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    I'd give it another week to see whether there was really any impact on search engine rankings.
    It could be just Google incorporating new signals about your domain into its set of old signals about it. dunno

Kianu42, Oct 30, 2013 IP