1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Server 2003 Installing IIS Problem

Discussion in 'Security' started by [GV]AnarchY, Mar 9, 2012.

Server 2003 SP2

Hi. I'm trying to install IIS on a server that I just build. It has been added to the network domain already. When i log in to the server hit add/remove role and try to install iis I get could not install. When i go to add/remove programs i get this error instantly when i click on add components.

Internet Information Services (IIS) cannot be installed because your administrator has enabled a "Prevent IIS installation" group policy. You will not be able to install components that depend on IIS

I have already gone into gpedit.msc and made sure the following was set to disabled.
    Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Information Services -> Prevent IIS installation.

I am logged in as local administrator and also if i log in as domain administrator it says the same thing. There are currently no roles set to the server. Someone help?! I am not remotely connecting either through rdp to the server.

[GV]AnarchY, Mar 9, 2012 IP
  2. kingwinbond

kingwinbond Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello ,

Maybe the Entry in Registry is Still there . You will have to remove it from the registry [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\IIS!PreventIISInstall [/FONT]

kingwinbond, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  3. kingwinbond

kingwinbond Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you can provide me the Server Login Details I can Sort the issue and Install IIS for you if its OK for you to give the password . You can change the Password after IIS has been installed :confused:

kingwinbond, Mar 27, 2012 IP