1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Servage.net has taken my domains and content hostages.

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by TheSyndicate, Sep 21, 2011.

I have a few big file domain on Servage.net and i think some sitemap script created an error so got an email saying.

Servage system administrator has made the following note to your account:

------- Note -------

Account suspended for high load.

more then 32000 directories in one directory...

------- Note -------

If you have questions or concerns kindly submit a support ticket via the control panel and we will get back to you as soon as possible. This can be done via the "Support & Notifications" link in control panel.

PHP:
    When i asked WHAT is the problem in what domain and please let me use the FTP to fix the problem. They answered

Thank you for submitting a ticket.

Please note that the account has been suspended as it is causing high load on our servers.We have also sent you a notification regarding the same :

https://secure.servage.net/cp/support/notifications

Further,due to the clustered structure of our servers , it is not possible for us to comment on exactly which of the files or domains have been causing load on our servers.

Please review all the files and scripts under your account so as to reduce the load on servers.

Once this is done,please get back to us.

Thank you for your co-operation and understanding

Kind Regards
    Martin, Support
    Servage Hosting
    PHP:
    So they do not even know what the problem is and for 2 hours i been using their terrible file manager that stalls you every 2 min. How can i find a domain when i do not even know what i am looking for. I want to download my content and delete my Servage.net account but at the moment i can not since they not allow me FTP. So i am stuck and loosing Adsense and Customers every minute.

NEVER EVER PAY FOR THIS FXXXX HOSTING SERVAGE.net

I got an email now that i got the server back BUT it take them 3 hours to restore my domains... as i said NEVER USE SERVAGE HOSTING!!!@

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
    TheSyndicate, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  2. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just an update on Servage.net, after they give me a few days to fix this issue they again suspend my account on Saturday night at 00.00 my time. The reason was the same even if i had deleted over 200 GB of files and cleaned up most of the folders. I suspect me paying the bill for 29 month have something to do with this and the only reason they now attacking my account is because they offer no refund. The same domains have been on Servage.net for over 5 years and nothing has been changed. Why now suddenly the "admin" is cracking down on my account is a strange.

I have been given 5 days to "fix" my account leaving no reason really what i should "fix" and my guess is that after 5 days i will be suspended again for bogus reasons what ever i fix.

I have asked them for phone, email, real company name and org number since they have nothing of the sort on their website.

To be continued.....

TheSyndicate, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  3. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What in the world are you doing with 200GB of files??? That's an extremely large amount of files for shared hosting. I'm guessing this is one of those "unlimited" accounts? I don't know how much you're paying, but for a server with a 1TB RAID array (fairly common), you're using about 1/5 of the drive space for the entire server.

WSWD, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  4. TheSyndicate

Best Answers:
    Well they should have told me that before i renew the account but their "review" as they call it of my account came the next day after i paid the bill. I asked for a refund and get the hell out from there but they told me i need to fix my sites. I asked them what do i need to fix and they say they do not know but if i do not fix what i do not know they will suspend my domains. Great support...
    I been there customer since 2006 and this is how they treat an old customer no service what so ever.

TheSyndicate, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  5. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's something very fishy about that for sure. I doubt it's a coincidence that they told you right after you renewed. They should definitely offer you a refund. Not sure if they have to per their TOS that you agreed to, but I certainly would. It's just good business.

WSWD, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  6. TheSyndicate

Best Answers:
    They refuse saying that they not have any refund only 5 days from first buy. That was a few years ago this is the answer now, i am trying to make them pin down where my ISSUE is but they just say you need to fix it or we suspend you. Would anybody just wait for be suspended since they make up their rules as they go along.
    So they will let me know after they suspend all my accounts... and bring my domains once more but they can not tell me now.

TheSyndicate, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  7. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They pinned it down for you...twice. They mentioned your 32,000 directories, I'm sure the 200GB has something to do with it, and they tell you that you need to clean the cache folders.

Sounds pretty straight forward to me. Fix it and see what they say.

WSWD, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  8. TheSyndicate

Best Answers:
    I did and i asked them to check and they keep saying no we only check on that day and if still something we suspend you. We not check before and let me know?

9. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it were me, I'd clean the whole thing up and start over. Start with the very basics and build your site up again from there.

WSWD, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  10. TheSyndicate

Best Answers:
    I have 10 sites, i had 20 but i moved 10 already from there since i do not want to risk their "moody" admin. I have no problem they cracking down on files but not same day as i paid and not for files that been there since 2008. It sounds very strange that they suddenly found these errors. Also the refusals to refund is also very strange.