1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SERPs jumping around?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Forsh, Sep 16, 2016.

These days when I read the front page of DP I always get depressed, because it always seems like the interwebs is always breaking. So, the front page news talks about maybe a Penguin 4 or something else. Well, during these things happening, my World of Warcraft hunter profile was page 1 Google for my name. How friggin crazy it that?

I haven't seen what the outcome might have been. Does anyone know what these changes may have been? Wouldn't that be so awesome the next time I go in for a job interview and the company asks me about my BMHunter build and says I won't be hired because of that...lol

Forsh, Sep 16, 2016 IP
  2. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google ranking will depend on following main factors.

-Content

-Social engagement

-User experience

-Link popularity

If your SEO plan is based on first 3 factors, you will get almost same ranking position for long period of time.

If your SEO plan is based on link popularity, your ranking will not stable on long run.

LinkGenie, Jan 17, 2017 IP
    DylanC likes this.
  3. skylikemake

skylikemake Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    skylikemake, Feb 9, 2017 IP
  4. Nick Chernets

Nick Chernets Member

Best Answers:
    Try to crawl your site with SEO platform on reasons: meta-tegs, sbroken links and other errors

Nick Chernets, Apr 3, 2017 IP
  5. mfadygreen

mfadygreen Member

Best Answers:
    If you are saying Google SERPs change rapidly and website that is ranked on first page instantly goes to page 4 or 5 then you are correct. I have noticed it happening very often that pages are ranked good are suddenly dropped and goes to farther pages.

BTW if you want your website to rank and stay on a good rank for where it is then these are the factors you should pay attention to.
    1- Social following
    Likes on Facebook, Followers on Twitter, Subscribers on YouTube, Likes on Google+ etc
    2- Social engagement
    The people who follow you on social media, are they engaged? meaning do they regularly comment, like, share your posts.
    3- Content quality
    Content quality is one of the biggest factor that plays a huge role. Another thing to remember is to create content that is more than 1000 words but it doesn't mean to increase the content length unnecessarily, content must help the user in answering the question that they are searching
    4- Link Quality
    The websites that link back to you, are they relevant or irrelevant? What is the profile (Moz Score) of the websites that link back to you.
    5- Website speed
    Is your website speed good?
    6- Mobile compatible
    Is your website fully mobile compatible?
    7- On page optimization
    Is your website interconnected and is your keyword frequency good? Don't hide words or don't put lot of keywords unnecessarily it will show Google algorithm a negative signal.

These are some of the important factors that you must work on so that your rank stays for a long period of time.

mfadygreen, May 30, 2017 IP