1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SERP Position Gone Completly in MSN!

Discussion in 'SEO' started by rtheodorow, Mar 14, 2005.

I just wanted to see if anybody has experienced anything like this before. I had a good spot (anywhere from #2 - #5 depending on the day) for my #1 keyword on MSN. I have been using the COOP for around 2 months now and have seen a great increase in backlinks :)

However, over the weekend MSN dropped me for my keyword. My site is still indexed in MSN, it just isn't ranked AT ALL for my keyword. I have also lost about 1,000 backlinks too....what is going on ?!?

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks!

rtheodorow, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Besides that; no idea! Just like with G and Y, their algo's are pretty unpredictable, unreliable and temperamental. Random even at times.

T0PS3O, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  3. TiGG

TiGG Peon

Best Answers:
    Check your weight, maybe it drop'd?

TiGG, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  4. rtheodorow

rtheodorow Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope. Checked that this morning.....it actually went up! :D

rtheodorow, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  5. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you using msn local? I had the same problem sort of before. I ranked first on all my keywords on msn.com but local , msn.nl, i didnt rank well at all. After a while I have send msn a email asked them what the reason was for the weird rankings. Got a email back that there was nothing wrong with the rankings msn was showing for my keywords locally. Then about two weeks later i ranked first for all my keywords not only on msn.com but locally as well. I guess you need to give it a bit more time.

crazyhorse, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  6. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed the same thing about a month or so ago. The bad news was one of my top 3 keywords went from page 1, even #1 at one point, to nowhere in one day. The good news was almost all of the rest of my keywords are now in the top 20, and several big ones are top 5. I'm not sure what to make of it except that they must be making algo adjustements or something like that. I just hope the don't "adjust" the rest of my keywords into oblivion. I've seen keywords fall away by 20 or 30 places in a day, then come back the next day. The one that disappeared completely though has stayed gone.

nfzgrld, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  7. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    There is some major index stuffling going on. My keyphrase that I promote usually nets 39,000,000 today I am noticing same keyword nets 68,000,000 pages found today. My ranking is holding well though thanks to co op (I think)

Homer, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  8. Rakhi Chowdhary

Rakhi Chowdhary Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty unpredictable are search engine results and it really needs deep study of Google, Yahoo, MSN Webmaster tools and strategies.

Rakhi Chowdhary, Mar 6, 2009 IP