1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SERP/Keyword Tool

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by hightide13, Feb 9, 2005.

Has anyone developed a tool in which you put your URL and it tells you what if any your placement is for any keyphrase? I know there are tools where you enter the URL and the keyword. But I am talking about it telling you what the keywords you have are. It would be nice if there was a tool like this and if you could control the output to limit to top 10 or something like that. Not too much to ask right? :p

There may be SERPs that I have that dont even know about that could allow me to sell advertising to someone based on that alone (even though we all know how to tell what high traffic terms are, a lot of advertisers don't).

hightide13, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Like this?
    http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/keywords/

n/m- I read your post wrong.

I don't think what you're looking for exists. The tool would have to go through and try all combinations of words that exist...right?

Crazy_Rob, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  3. hightide13

hightide13 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I use that tool daily.

I am not sure how it would work. It seems like there should be a way for the tool to know (through the API or something...) how many terms your site is actually ranked for. The more I think about it though the harder it seems. I guess we need to change our reality though. Thats what the Wright Bros did when people said "Man shall never fly!"

:p

4. keywordguru

keywordguru Peon

Best Answers:
    Crazy Bob is right. The keyword combination is almost impossible to guess "EVERY" possible word.

BUT!
    There is an excellent tool that weights the keyword density of your website, and then checks to see if you show up for these. This is actually a script I also have but I forget where I put the url, so here is a link to another one:

http://googlerankings.com/ultimate_seo_tool.php

Have Fun!
    KG

keywordguru, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  5. hightide13

hightide13 Peon

Best Answers:
    This looks like a great tool. I will give it a shot.

6. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    That tool needs some work to weed out the html. But it certainly gives me an idea since my site is database driven. I can create a tool that will determine my k/w's by density and let me send them to the api. I'm gonna get going on that immediately. It should help me understand how to deal w/ the superbowl update much more effectively.

mopacfan, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  7. kyle422

kyle422 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a pretty neat tool.

kyle422, Feb 12, 2005 IP
  8. Guy G

Guy G Peon

Best Answers:
    Usually i dont like those tools... but i never saw a tool like this one... its awesome..

Guy G, Feb 12, 2005 IP
  9. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Not a bad tool.. though it does absolutely nothing for latent semantics, or for that matter, simply checking the anchor text of BL's..

I reckon it's about time someone started considering MSN and other engines. The demand is certainly increasing.. (I know I'm including MSN & Yahoo in projects that require sampling SE data) :)

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Feb 12, 2005 IP