1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SERP Domination - 4,785 Page 1 Rankings in 14 Days!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sweetfunny, Dec 28, 2007.

1. ljastangs21

ljastangs21 Banned

Best Answers:
    hey nice read +rep

ljastangs21, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  2. eseller01

eseller01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is awesome, i am getting ready to launch my ecommerce site and i am so glad to bump at your post. Does the keyword domain name actually matter. For example powershotsd400.info forwarded to an article within your site which is optimized for the same term. If so does .info and .net or .com makes a difference. Also is it better optimize and then submit to search engine or submit to a search engine and optimize does it really matter.

eseller01, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  3. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Keyword domain helps, but you can definitely achieve the same thing without it. I'm in the top #15 at the moment for "SEO" and i don't have it in my domain. That's the beauty of long tail, the bulk of your search terms probably won't even have the exact keyword.

As for forwarding numerous domains to your internal pages, don't. Matt Cutts confirmed it was one of the factors that led to a lot of sites such as Alive/Aviva getting hit. They were buying high PR and Traffic domains and forwarding them to the relevant sub-categories and it "appears" to Google they are gaming the algo for PR.

You are better off making mini-sites with related domains, and putting a few links to your main site.

Domain extension doesn't matter for SERP's "unless" it's a country TLD, which effects geo-targeting. So info will rank the same as a com with all else equal.

Definitely optimize your site first, you don't want the Bots coming and crawling a poorly optimized site.

sweetfunny, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  4. gtull1

gtull1 Guest

Best Answers:
    Sweet,

Got a question about long tailed key words. I have been trying to implement this in a lot of new pages. I try to include the lt kw in the url, <h1>, page title, and content. For example: 2008 Mardi Gras Parade Schedule

My question is: should I only have the page title as the lt kw, or should I add more fluff to it? In the above example, the title is 2008 Mardi Gras Parade Schedule. Should it be something like, "Come to New Orleans and check out the 2008 Mardi Gras parade schedule?"

Thanks man!

gtull1, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  5. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Title tags and URL's should be kept short and to the point, adding a lot of words "dilutes" them somewhat. So just try and make them the most likely phrase people would type to find your page.

Long tail is effective just in the body of the document by structuring your keywords in to phrase variations.

For example one paragraph you would work it "The 2008 Mardi Gras Parade Schedule is..."

Next paragraph you might use "The Mardi Gras Schedule for 2008 is.." or even "In 2008 the Schedule for the Mardi Gras is.."

It's changing the relationship of keywords to each other, which greatly assists different combos being pulled up on search. Don't go overboard, but think before you do the page, what variations would people most likely search if they were looking for this information?

Then include these variations throughout your document. Hope this makes sense, it's 8am and i haven't slept yet. :)

6. vlad230

vlad230 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now this is an awesome thread! Don't you have a RSS feed where I could subscribe for some more tips ? :D

vlad230, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  7. gtull1

gtull1 Guest

Best Answers:
    Now that makes a lot of sense! Take a lt kw and mix in around into the many variations that people would type in a search. Honestly, I have been avoiding that. I thought that I needed to stay "on theme" (ie. 2008 Mardi Gras parade Sschedule, without writing it any other way).

Learned something else from ya. Thanks again!!

gtull1, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  8. AndrewPavelski

AndrewPavelski Guest

Best Answers:
    Interesting... Thanks for sharing this info.

AndrewPavelski, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  9. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    No i don't sorry, if i write any tips it's generally right here on DP's SEO section.

Yeah Google scores documents very high if they have an exact phrase match, and the longer or more specific the query the higher you will score by having that phrase or a large portion of it. This is the key to long tail results, you can beat high PR and heavily backlinked sites if you have an exact match and they only have a partial match.

For example, the term "Web Hosting" a lot of sites have this exact match and it returns 324 Million results. So who comes out on top has a lot to do with Backlinks, Anchor text and on-page like Title etc.

The term "Web Hosting with cPanel" only brings up 542k which is pretty easy to rank for. But you will notice a lot of the big guns in the top 10 for "Web Hosting" are now gone despite their authority because their exact match scoring is poor.

By using variations of your keyphrase, you can get a relatively low authority document to come up high for a large volume of differently worded searches.

10. gtull1

gtull1 Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, I need to go back and apply this.

Makes good sense.

You gonna sleep? lol

Thanks~!

gtull1, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  11. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Sleep... What's that? :confused:

I'm setting up a server, and patiently waiting for the load to drop on the old one before starting to mirror the disks over otherwise i will collapse the old girl. :D

12. gtull1

gtull1 Guest

Best Answers:
    I guess you are rested by now. :D

I have been meaning to ask you: will you show us a page that is highly optimized for lt kw's? I understand that you can't reveal your client, but perhaps another page of yours (or whomever's)? If you don't want to post it in here, and chance of a PM?

Thanks!

gtull1, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  13. windtalker

windtalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sweetfunny now what about sharing some link building techniques? ;)

windtalker, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  14. pcz

pcz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i wanna say thank you for this post :)

pcz, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  15. Gatorade

Gatorade Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post, and very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Gatorade, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  16. yellowfox

yellowfox Peon

Best Answers:
    Great information, thankyou.... + rep.

Where do you find out the information that you have 4781 page one rankings in 14 days.... what is the tool you are using to show those stats?

Many thanks :D

yellowfox, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  17. markz07

markz07 Peon

Best Answers:
    markz07, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  18. JerryMarketing

JerryMarketing Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent post!

Just a question, for the 4781 pages which you rank for on google page #1.. Was it all on page optimisation or do you have backlinks for it also?

JerryMarketing, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  19. Hooper

Hooper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good to see high quality posts....+rep

Hooper, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  20. Kamloops

Kamloops Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post! I have been trying this sort thing.
    Its working well so far

Kamloops, Jan 22, 2008 IP