1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SERP Domination - 4,785 Page 1 Rankings in 14 Days!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sweetfunny, Dec 28, 2007.

1. sanjen

sanjen Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Sweetfunny,

How many pages does the site you're talking about have?

Ant

sanjen, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  2. live-cms_com

live-cms_com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, that would be nice to know.

live-cms_com, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  3. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Brandon Sheley, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  4. NirMorgo

NirMorgo Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you sweetfunny!
    this is one of the most inspiring threads that I've seen here!
    rep added and everything :D

can't wait to see your next one:D

P.S I can't afford you either.. so your posts are good enough for me

NirMorgo, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  5. BioNet

BioNet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Sweety :)

Was trying to get some sleep, but this thread makes my cogwheels rotate too much.
    I was wondering about the content.
    How do you write content for each page? Do you have a system that makes it?
    Or the content doesn't matter?
    What If I have a blank page with only: Title, H1, and one link to a main page on my website for more information?
    (that will sum in 10 words tops)

This is the main question for me.
    After I solve this, I'm rich :D

P.S. I truly believe you just provided 5-6 figures worth information.
    and some work for our programmers.. lol :)

BioNet, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  6. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    I'd leave everything intact and monitor it over the next week or so. It's quite common for a term to vanish for a few days when it receives an influx of new links. It's like Google can't determine it's new placement during it's daily "flux" because of the large change and needs to completely recalculate.

Keep monitoring it and don't make any knee jerk reactions, i got a feeling it will pop back up higher in the next few days.

It has a few thousand, however it was built and maintained by someone with little to no SEO knowledge so it had alot of stuff holding it back with things like bad internal linking structure, poor page titles, poor use of <h> tags, bad use of internal anchor text (things like "click here") etc.

GoogleBot loves text, it eats it for breakfast so the more unique textual content you can feed it the better. Google also loves "simple" light weight pages, this is why you often see printer versions, rss versions etc outranking your main versions if they both have similar backlinks.

If you have a blank page with Title, Heading and a link to your home page it won't rank for much, nobody will link to it and really it's a drain on your site because Pagerank is being passed to it when it could be passed to a content rich page.

Also HitTail that Loco mentioned is a great tool, it's definitely worth checking out. As i said you can never have too many stats.

sweetfunny, Dec 29, 2007 IP
    mymaldives likes this.
  7. gtull1

gtull1 Guest

Best Answers:

That hittail is really neat. I'm tempted to try it. Does anyone know if it only works off of searched keywords? In other words, does it just see the keywords that were searched for and that were clicked on?

:O)

gtull1, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  8. Markas

Markas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very interesting post ;) but it's an old theory for me :p

Markas, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  9. harshakiran

harshakiran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you posts were always help full thanks

harshakiran, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  10. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    They have a free option, just add the tracking code, give it a few mins and you'll start to see the keywords that are being searched and clicked to your site.

I have the free version tracking my blog, and the paid version tracking the forum, and I don't think I'll renew the subscription for the paid version.. The free shows me more info then I have time to deal with..lol

Brandon Sheley, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  11. gtull1

gtull1 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that!!! I must have missed the freebie. I went to the Demo page, but didn't see a freebie. Will go back and find it, and keep my few pennies in my pocket.

:O)

gtull1, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  12. LadyHoldem

LadyHoldem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Couldn't find any way to set up the free version.. I found it by going to prices, then free then subscribe, but never did find a code for it, got tired of looking eventually.

Thanks bunches for the post Sweety .. love motivational stuff like this:)

Cathy

LadyHoldem, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  13. BioPod

BioPod Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that most of the newbie SEOers out there (myself included) that reads this post, feel like the challenge they are up against is easier then the one with traditional "get that keyterm" way of thinking.

In fact, it changed my preception about the entire strategy, and if I'll want to hire a SEO freelancer, I would ask to get the longtail that brings me sales but is much easier to achieve then that trophy Keyterm and get a much cheaper deal.
    The hittail site dont show you the basic free package when you register, but after creating a user and going back to the login page, you will be able to get the code to insert into your page.

Also, they dont make it so easy to find that code.

BioPod, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  14. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    The original post is very interesting and definitely one should implement it. The long tail keyword converts better and it has less competition.

markov, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  15. Husam

Husam Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent and useful post

Husam, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  16. alananimation

alananimation Peon

Best Answers:
    I never realized that. The thing is, what if I have a hosting site, how am I going to make many pages with specific terms. All I have is a home page, the page with the package details, and the client area. Should I make lots of pages with titles saying different hosting terms and just have them be basically the same as the home page?

alananimation, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  17. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    The best thing for you to do is write articles on things like Hosting, Guides to using cPanel and that sort of thing. For example a guide on creating, exporting and importing a MySql database will get you long tail MySql Hosting related terms.

Thanks and yes, spot on. I see alot of people posting here every day struggling to rank, and it's usually because they think the only way is to target highly competitive 2 word terms. So the idea of this thread was to show people you "can" get good traffic with limited SEO knowledge from terms that are very simple to rank for.

sweetfunny, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  18. Scorpiono

Scorpiono Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been stalking this thread for a while now, and well, after a close analysis, I have found out that my SEO.php code that re-writes the keywords/description and the <h1> and other SEO points in my page, just got my 70% of my SE traffic.

Never paid attention to longtail until this article, and also, the number of visits/replies says it again, "content is king" ;)

Scorpiono, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  19. alananimation

alananimation Peon

Best Answers:
    so I would put these guides on my site and have a link back to the homepage? Should I include links to these on the home page? Thanks for the help btw.

alananimation, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  20. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    I'd just put the 1 link from your Homepage to a Sub-Page listing all the tutorials, and yes ensure the Tutorials link back to your homepage using good anchor text. Also ensure you interlink related tutorials.

This is not only good for SERP's and the Search Engines, but it might cut down on support tickets and also entice new sign-ups because people new to websites and hosting will see you care about assisting the customer.

When you do the tutorials, make sure you throw some keywords around like Host, Hosting, Web Host etc. That way for example the cPanel guide will start picking up searches like "Cpanel Web Hosting" which has just 564,000 results as opposed to the 319 Million for "Web Hosting" ;)

sweetfunny, Dec 30, 2007 IP