1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Seriously Unique Website Ideas?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by SilentCivilian, Sep 20, 2008.

Hey everyone, with my experience and knowledge growing in internet marketing, I really want to start up a new website or blog, but any idea that comes to my head is not unique, and I just don't find any ambition to start it up if there's already tons of sites like it. So, I'm asking seriously, are there any unique ideas out there?

If you do have any ideas, and would like to team up and bring them to life, let me know. I'm really interested and I'm a hard worker, so working with me really could make us some money.

SilentCivilian, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  2. WealthDealer

WealthDealer Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all the approach you're taking is all wrong. There's nothing new under the sun...as the saying goes. The practical application of this is that money is being made all the time by people who are putting up sites similar to what's already been done.

If your goal is to make money, stop trying to reinvent the wheel and start doing what works.

WealthDealer, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  3. SilentCivilian

SilentCivilian Banned

Best Answers:
    I suppose you're right, but would you care to share any ideas that you know work to make money? I just need some motivation to get something done, haha.

4. WealthDealer

WealthDealer Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point.

If you'd like some serious advice on this pm me.

That being said, I'd suggest doing a little niche research. Look for things that cause people pain and suffering or that bring people pleasure.

The 6 most important words I've ever heard about how to do internet marketing are: Find a need and fill it.

People want to avoid pain and suffering. They want to attract pleasure. Anything that fits into either of these categories is a potential product. Obviously you'll want to do some keyword research to see how many searches are being entered for a particular product. You'll also want to search Google to see if there are ads being placed for this product idea.

How's that for a public answer? ;)

WealthDealer, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  5. kiteguy123

kiteguy123 Guest

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, it'll help you a lot if you try and make a website related to something YOU like. This should give you the motivation as you will most probably enjoy doing it, and maybe you'll be helping other people who enjoy the hobby. May not be unique, but it should motivate you :)

kiteguy123, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  6. 2MuchMark

2MuchMark Peon

Best Answers:
    Just because an idea has already been done does not mean that your own approach to it won't be just as interested or better. Don't just sit there, do it.

2MuchMark, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  7. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Most people say do something you enjoy, but that doesn't make it unique.

Yes, there are. I have about 20 of them which are logged in my head. Its just some of them can't be done because of the expense, technology, etc.

The truth is you are out of luck yourself because since you are obviously saying that you can't think of any idea's then you are proving you won't be of use to someone who can think of new stuff. Because idea's for a website do not end once the design is finished. You need a wild imagination even to do SEO sometimes.

I can't help you because I am so far too busy to really do anything. I have so many projects on my hands that I may busy forever, but take this as advice.

As an example: if you even get someone to think of a new idea for a forum then you still are "poop up the creek" because you will never be able to come up with a layout without asking.:(

Laceygirl, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  8. Remotay

Remotay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I gave this advice to someone else here, maybe it'll help you to.

heres a really good idea, I don't think anyone has done this yet, so it has A LOT of potential. Alright, clear you mind and then picture this..

A website with like, women who aren't clothed. It's such a good idea, and men would LOVE it. you can like put videos of men and women making out and have sex. guys would LOVE it, and i think the idea has a lot of potential. it's be really unique to.

Remotay, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  9. buddhalabs

buddhalabs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Manga! How could you make this one public? I was about to make this site and thought I would be the first. You've ruined it now!

Buddha

buddhalabs, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  10. seo4china

seo4china Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a very unique idea but obviously I won't make it public on DP. If I did it won't be unique anymore :)

seo4china, Sep 20, 2008 IP
  11. SilentCivilian

SilentCivilian Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you are all right, haha. I've always been a pro at skiing, maybe a blog about skiing would even probably do decent, eh? Thanks for the help, really opened my eyes up to a lot of things.

12. kiteguy123

kiteguy123 Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, if you are good at skiing then why not make a site with tutorials? Infact, why not go all the way and make a full resource site with pictures, videos, forums, tutorials.. and maybe even an online magazine. The possibilites are endless online... remember that.

kiteguy123, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  13. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have some great idea.
    How much you willing to spent/month?

mentos, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  14. movidalatina

movidalatina Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hummn...let me get this straight: you want us to make you some money?

movidalatina, Sep 21, 2008 IP
  15. ahmadjordan

ahmadjordan Member

Best Answers:
    i tried but awlays fails:confused:

ahmadjordan, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  16. bmpt87

bmpt87 Member

Best Answers:
    Find an existing concept and make it better. then hopefully any competitors might want to buy you out.

bmpt87, Apr 21, 2010 IP