1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Serious trouble, my hard became unallocated space, please help :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by freestyler0, Jul 26, 2009.

hello,
    iam a programmer, this morning my pc shut downed suddenly when i was writing a PHP script, i tried to turn the pc on again but i couldn't, i tried to install a new windows and i surprised when i couldn't find the partitions on the DOS..!!

after that i went to one of my friend, i borrowed his hard drive, i installed on it a new windows, i turned my pc on with my friend's hard drive as a master hard drive, and then i connected my hard drive as a slave hard drive to check my data, but i couldn't found my partitions and i found my self in serious real trouble .. :(

my hard disk appeared on the Device Manager, but the partitions didn't appear on 'my computer', so i tried to check the hard disk properties on the device manager and i found all my hard disk as a unallocated space !!!

on this hard disk all my previous 3 years work, i can't do F-Disk, so please guys help me to fix this problem, i don't care about the hard disk, i only want to copy my data from it, please any help :(

freestyler0, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  2. mariesophy

mariesophy Peon

Best Answers:
    connect your hard disk as slave with some other's hard disk as master.Use some file recovery softwares.Your disk may appear in file recovery softwares better give it a try but i''m not sure of it.

mariesophy, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  3. Radz

Radz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok you need 3 hard drives now to recover your data, i assume you didn't try to format the unallocated disc again and didn't make any changes.

1. Install fresh Windows on new Drive (which you already did)
    2. Attach Second Disc as Slave
    3. Attach 3rd Disc as slave (You will recover Data here)

Install GetDataBack for NTFS 3.03 in Disc 1, Start the program, Do a Full scan in Disc 2, I hope 99% of your data will be in good format since you didn't make any changes to disc. Scan will take upto 2+ hours in 5 steps depend on size of Disc. ( Save and create a file on every step) After scan is complete it will show

Recover data in 3rd Drive, After completion, Shut Down the PC, Format your Second Drive.. Copy Data back to ur Drive. (Or may be its time to buy a new Disc)

Thats All..

Radz, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  4. freestyler0

freestyler0 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks god, i fixed it with TestDisk program, it recovered the all partitions with the all data :)
    thanks everyone for your help.

freestyler0, Jul 30, 2009 IP