1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[ SERIOUS HELP NEEDED ] Confusing adsense stats and reporting

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by makethemoney, Jun 5, 2012.

guys, help me out here. i'm curious about my adsense stats. its like this. i have 2 website with a different niche. lets say its website A and website B. recently, for the past 4 days, the stats had gone wrong. weird. when i viewed the ''Entire Account'' ( website A + website B ) stats, it show i have received about 8000 page views per day. but, when i viewed the stats from ''URL Channel'', it shows differently. website A had received about 5000 page views per day. but when i checked the stat on website B, it shows that i had received ONLY about 500 page views per day.!! on a common sense, the stats for website B should about 3000 page views per day. now where did i go wrong??? I really hope someone here could help me with this. please...

makethemoney, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  2. pnreddy18

pnreddy18 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, do you have custom channels? If so, is there any custom channel for an add which is placed on both sites?

pnreddy18, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  3. Kevin T Perry

Kevin T Perry Peon

Best Answers:
    The most likely scenario is that there is adds on pages that do not have a custom channel specified. It would still credit you with a page view, but Google would have no way of specifying which site it came from.

Kevin

Kevin T Perry, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  4. makethemoney

makethemoney Member

Best Answers:
    thanks pnreddy18 and kevin for your advice. OK. I've reviewed my adsense account just recently. FYI, yes i do have a custom channel set up. the thing is, when i viewed the custom channel on performance tab, the channel i created for website B isn't there? is there's something i missed?? FYI, I'm using blogspot for website B.

makethemoney, Jun 7, 2012 IP
  5. rae081

rae081 Member

Best Answers:
    It might be worth it to contact customer support to get help with this... kind of hard for us to help without actually seeing the report... Good luck

rae081, Jun 7, 2012 IP
  6. pnreddy18

pnreddy18 Peon

Best Answers:
    Guess you must be using the default ad management from the blogspot dashboard. Correct? If so, then that is where the missing impressions are coming from.

What I will suggest is to go to performance reports > click on sites towards the left sidebar(ignore url channel) and you must see both the sites A and B listed and their total impressions should give you a better idea of the impressions. Let me know if you need any help.

pnreddy

pnreddy18, Jun 7, 2012 IP