1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

September 11

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Dominic, Sep 11, 2005.

September 11 - share your comments or thoughts.
    I remember when it happened all our TV stations here in Australia reverted to constant feed from cnn or fox or abc depending on the channel. I watched all night and into the next morning. It sure has changed the course of world history.

Dominic, Sep 11, 2005 IP
  2. westhaven

westhaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was working on my pc when i saw the news. It was really shocking ......infact i lost one of my best fren who was working there. I really miss him. Whatever happened on that day was disgusting. I don know why everyone is killing eachother. I think people of this world should lead a peaceful life.

westhaven, Sep 11, 2005 IP
  3. girl

girl Active Member

Best Answers:
    believe it or not....i was waiting at the airport........everyone was crowded around 1 tv in the departures lounge!

girl, Sep 11, 2005 IP
  4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I was an immigrant that day moving from Holland to London. Stuck on the boat for 6 hours I missed all of it. Actually only found out the day after, probably the last one to know in Western civilisation.

T0PS3O, Sep 11, 2005 IP
  5. newera

newera Peon

Best Answers:
    i heared the news while i was in a trip
    and i didn't get it at first
    untill i get home and openen my TV

newera, Sep 11, 2005 IP
  6. bluemouse2

bluemouse2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was learning for an exam... :(

bluemouse2, Sep 11, 2005 IP
  7. antonaf

antonaf Banned

Best Answers:
    I was living in New Jersey at the time. Woke up late for work that day (8:50am)...my brother called me (that's what woke me up) and told me about the plane that crashed into the World Trade Center. My first thought was something must be wrong with the control tower, the navigational system is off....then 10 minutes later the second plane hit...I'm still thinking it's a control tower failure, because they hit the same place. It wasn't until I was driving to work and I heard on the radio that the Pentagon was hit by a plane...that's when I realized America was being attacked. When I heard that I remember driving and looking up in the sky...looking for planes. When I got to work everyone was leaving, the job told everyone to go home with their families (the company was a large company (not government related)....1500+ people, but the building was emptied).

I remember returning home and everyone in shock. I remember the next day there were no police or government officials in New Jersey (or the area of NJ I lived in). All officials were dispatched to Ground Zero for help relief. I also remember even though there weren't any police around, there also wasn't any looting or wild crimes taking place, and I lived a city over from Newark, NJ at that time (deemed as one of the highest crime and worst places to live in America...worst than New Orleans). Anyway, the patriotic spirit had filled the entire area and you can see the look of "I'm an American" in everyone eyes. I think that week was probably the friendliest anyone has ever been....black, white, hispanic, chinese, & all others got along for that week (maybe even the entire month - the patriotic spirit was high). The evil eye was shifted to the Arab community (which I personally don't condone - but as the saying goes "one bad apple spoils the bunch" - that's how the Arab community were perceived during 9/11).

I remember going to Ground Zero and lighting candles for the victims. It was definitely a crazy time. I was planning to get another job around that time, and I had an interview scheduled for Thursday of that week @ 9:00am, in New York City. I would have taken the PATH train from Jersey to the World Trade Center...that was an eerie feeling for me, every time I think how close it was for me to be in the WTC at that time. For those interested in knowing...I never went to the Thursday interview.

antonaf, Sep 11, 2005 IP
    Nintendo likes this.
  8. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was buying some fish to cook for lunch when I saw in on the market's TV.
    I thought it was a movie or something and ignored it.

I only realised what happened when I turned on my TV and see all channels showing the same thing. It was horrific and inhuman attack.

Unfortunately, more innocent civilians have died as an indirect result of 9/11..More bombings everywhere as well as invasion of other countries.. what a sad life for innocent US, Iraq, Afganistan and British civilians (..and other affected countries).

At the end nobody really wins.

An eye for an eye end up making the whole world blind - Mahatma Gandhi

iskandar, Sep 11, 2005 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Like Dominic it was 9/12 for me, and I was wandering inside with the newspaper with a large dusty photo on the front page. It's symbolic of the troubles that they were trying to highlight that I'd thought it would just be Palestine or some similar hotspot and that I'd read the article when I got inside. Something made my husband grab the paper from me and check the headlines.

I spent the day at work not working, really, as we watched a world away not sure when the next wave would come...

sarahk, Sep 11, 2005 IP
  10. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I remember how I felt watching it with my then 2 year old daughter on my lap asking me what that stuff on TV was. At that moment all of the Anti-America talk that I have gotten used to ignore, became impossible to ignore. 9/11 has changed my way of thinking. I don't believe in having hatred, but it became clear to many of us that we are under attack, not always physically, but the enemy is always out there waiting for his chance to get us.
    Mike

Blogmaster, Sep 11, 2005 IP
  11. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Iran's number might be up next. I think if things had closed off more easily in Iraq the troops would already be in Iran. Probably their only saving grace is noone wants another iraq type situation where the job gets done then there is the troubles after.

I'm really pleased things are moving forward in Gaza though. Good to see some positive changes being made through leadership, without having a war.

Dominic, Sep 11, 2005 IP
  12. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    I was not employed at the time so I was sleeping when everything happend. My dad called to wake me up a minute after the second plane hit the towers. In shock I spent two hours watching the buildings burn from a balcony of my apartment in Brooklyn. I could not believe my eyes. The rest of the day was non-stop TV news for me. Next day (or maybe it was the day after), I was in line to donate blood in Manhattan along with hundreds (or maybe thousands) of other people. I remember feeling very proud of being a part of the city that responded to the disaster this way. You could smell the smoke two days later many street blocks away from the world trade center.

Liminal, Sep 11, 2005 IP
    Nintendo likes this.
  13. stephfoster

stephfoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My mother-in-law called us that morning to let us know, since it was early morning for us. I had found out just recently that I was pregnant, but my husband and I hadn't told anyone yet. Spent the day on the couch wondering about the world I was bringing a baby into.

stephfoster, Sep 11, 2005 IP
  14. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was a senior in High School. We watched the twin towers crumble repeatedly all day long. None of it really seemed "real"... and it never really hit me "personally".. of course i was sad for the people who were personally affected.. i didnt know anyone that was.

Today on the 4 yr anniversery i first found myself in Los Angeles (a major target) and in the back of my mind the whole time i was there was the thought of another attack... when i got back home to Phoenix, i watched a show about flight 93 and it had all the families talking.. and for some reason it hit me hard and i couldn't help but find a tear falling from my cheek... i cant imagine the pain those families went through..

yo-yo, Sep 12, 2005 IP
    Nintendo likes this.
  15. digimania

digimania Peon

Best Answers:
    I was at the other side of the earth then when that thing happened. I was so pissed that day then when my mom openned the TV early that morning which she does not normally do.

digimania, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  16. PlanetAndrea

PlanetAndrea Active Member

Best Answers:
    i was working at a marketing firm at the time, and i was just leaving for work when i saw it on a morning talk show. i took a small tv to work with me, and all day we watched the news, against my bosses wishes, but we didn't care

PlanetAndrea, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  17. DecoDenim

DecoDenim Peon

Best Answers:
    i woke up when my cell phone started goin crazy and turned on the TV and stayed home all day just watchin what happen :(

DecoDenim, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  18. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is not an anti Bush post btw.

I think it would be interesting to do a docco of the comments made by Bush after September 11 about the issue / terrorism. I found it very interesting listening to the political commentary. Our Prime Minister here in Australia I think just copied everything Blair said... word for word even. The phrases he used were complete rip offs of Blair 'We stand shoulder to shoulder with our American Allies... etc'

Dominic, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  19. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    I remember coming home from college and turning the tele on and seeing mad footage of the planes. I was like 'what le fuck'..then I went for a ciggy and made myself some lunch and then went shopping for some shoes.

My friend's boyfriend booked flights to Spain for them, and he booked it 9/11 2005 without thinking, and my friend refused to go.

MELLA, Sep 13, 2005 IP