1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Seperating Domain host and Web host

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by thinkjayant, Jul 9, 2009.

how can i transfer all my domains from bluehost, which also is my web host and then transfer them to godaddy.

i am worried about
    1. how to transfer
    2. how to redirect from my domain name to my webhost. ip address??
    3. does it affect my seo?

regards
    tj

thinkjayant, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  2. kailash

kailash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are just transferring the domain names then you do not need to make any changes as far you are using your host's nameservers.

If you are planning to transfer your web site including contents, then first transfer all your web site contents and databases and then check your web site functionality using temporary URL. If your sites work fine using temporary URL, you can proceed further to change the nameservers. I do not think it will affect to your SEO.

kailash, Jul 9, 2009 IP
  3. biggunn

biggunn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Steps that need to be taken to transfer a domain:
    First you must contact BlueHost or the current registrar and request a transfer authorization code for each domain. Also have them unlock the domains and disable any kind of domain privacy. You will receive the authorization code at your admin contact email for each domain. After you receive this email you contact the new registrar to initiate the transfer; you then receive another email in which you approve the transfer with the authorization code.

If your web site hosting is going to stay with BlueHost, you must be sure to not change the name servers during the transfer process. BlueHost most likely uses ns1.bluehost.com and ns2.bluehost.com.

I don't believe this will affect your SEO at all... Not positive on that part though. I know that it's good for SEO if you renew the domains for 5+ years.

Good Luck

biggunn, Jul 13, 2009 IP