1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Whitepaper get it!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by anthonycea, Jan 16, 2005.

This study say that some large companies neglect to do proper SEO and pay for it by not being in the SERP's.

http://www.oneupweb.com/landing/BtoB100/BtoB100.htm?source=emarketer_jan05_banner

Register to receive this free white paper now.

Comments are welcomed about what you find in the study.

anthonycea, Jan 16, 2005 IP
  2. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I don't like sites which require that I register in order to read something I don't yet know if I even want.

There are numerous sources of information about SEO. Why would I want to give these guys information about me in order to get information that is freely available all over the place?

minstrel, Jan 16, 2005 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Because they are experts and have conducted research and do SEO for large organizations for a living.......If you are worried, give them fake information, but why would you be worried?

I gave them my information, I can use help from experts Minstrel :)

4. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree 100%. If it's that good, get a copy and post it here (with permission of course).

mopacfan, Jan 16, 2005 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Will.Spencer, Jan 16, 2005 IP
  6. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Anthony, I would guess that all they are really doing is building a mailing list of prospective SEO leads. I'm sure you will be contacted to see if they can work for you. As a marketing man of yore I'm sure you can recognize this ploy.

Now if you want freely available SEO information you can find it in numerous articles, by numerous authors, on my InfoPool.

compar, Jan 16, 2005 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    The research is good enough for Fortune 500 companies, but not some of you here.

Now that is really amazing guys :p :p :)

8. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    But white paper already says that Fortune 500 companies don't know what they are doing relative to SEO. Many people on this forum do know.

compar, Jan 16, 2005 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Since SEO/SEM is still an emerging field even the major advertising agencies do not have a complete grasp of it.

In the future when large companies and major advertising agencies do learn more, SEO/SEM will be much more difficult for the rest of us.

http://www.mediapost.com/dtls_dsp_SearchInsider.cfm?fnl=040629

Money talks in business and the large companies and ad agencies will learn to dominate the SERP's as they do with other media.

10. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe, but I doubt it. I think they will just buy their way in via PPC and paid advertising placement.

SEO is too much like Gorilla Marketing for them to ever understand or embrace.

compar, Jan 16, 2005 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Just like in other media Bob, where when you advertise, there are package deals for editorial content delivery (organic SERP's) (ad agencies know this game well), you can bet this is happening, the SE's just do not want you to know about it.

They take care of folks that spend big money Bob.

12. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    seo has companies freaked, of course all of our clients recieve dozens of spam seo offers a day. for them, it's hard to tell from what will and won't work. they have little more to go on than trust and case studies from our other clients.

i agree with anthony, big business is slow to change, but like a jaggernaut, when they hit we'll feel it. luckily, this business requires one to quick to change.

that said, all this is good news ... it will become more and more popular and it will be easier and easier for us (the ones doing it now) to find work, new clients, even dedicated SEO positions in large companies.

skattabrain, Jan 16, 2005 IP