1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO when site is not in root domain?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by detour, Sep 17, 2004.

I am optimizing an ecommerce site that unfortunatelyt when you type in the .com name, goes to another directory other than the root directory and so the home page ends with.com/shop1 instead of .com. When I fgo to DMOZ or other areas to do the optimization, will I have problems optimizing since it is not in the root directory. Do I register this site's home page as www.xyz.com or www.xyz.com/shop1 as an example.?

detour, Sep 17, 2004 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I have a personnal web with several sub webs. I have not had problems with getting these sub webs indexed. I always give actual url like
    www*mysite*com/web1/index*html.

Smyrl, Sep 17, 2004 IP
  3. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    would not http*sub*domain still work and be easier to cope with ? not totally so sure just asking

vagrant, Sep 17, 2004 IP
  4. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Subdomain may very well be good idea. My subwebs are personal in nature and predate my awareness of subdomains. They are clearly not as important as an e-commerce site. For e-commerce site I might well consider domain of its own.

I only have one domain using subdomains. This is ideal for my use but jury is still out on use of subdomains where I am concerned.

Shannon

Smyrl, Sep 17, 2004 IP