1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO versus Word of Mouth for Blogs?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Submerged, Jul 16, 2009.

In your experience, do blogs (I put this in this forum for the SEO aspect of it) gain steady, long-term traffic increase through Google search results or through word of mouth the fastest? Obviously, both would be best, but I'm wondering which one is most effective by itself :). Thanks for the help!

Submerged, Jul 16, 2009 IP
  2. BILZ

BILZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd say word of mouth is harder to measure. Although i know that a recommendation from a friend or colleague carries alot more weight than a listing in the SERPs.

BILZ, Jul 16, 2009 IP
  3. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    there are thousands and thousands of blogs on the net.

"word of mouth" works only if you have something exceptionally good to offer to your readers.

less than 1% of blogs have such exceptional content.

if you think, you have such a blog, stop worrying about traffic and concentrate on your content.

for the rest 99% of blogs, SEO is the only hope.

sachin410, Jul 16, 2009 IP
  4. ionatoufleming

ionatoufleming Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe SEO's better, because through it, your site has the higher chance of making it to the top. Word-of-mouth may work but most of the time, it won't.

ionatoufleming, Jul 17, 2009 IP