1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Tool Questions

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by desquite, Nov 26, 2004.

I'm trying to learn more about SEO so I've started building some tools to help out (www.geekball.com). Any suggestions on enhancements you would like to see are always welcome. This is the early test phase of these tools so any help with bugs is greatly appreciated. What other tools would you like to see on the site? I'm hoping to eventually do something similar to Digital Point where you can login, get reports, and it saves your information.

Also, I know I've read that the search engine companies frown upon tools like this (understandably). Are there any cases where they make you stop or block your IP address? Places like MarketLeap probably get a lot of traffic but it seems their tools keep working.

I hope you enjoy the tools!

DesQuite

desquite, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Would be nice if you/it said what the tool will do. I don't know now whether it will submit to a 100 directories, check 100 results, click the positive vote on the google toolbar 100 times or god knows what it does.

T0PS3O, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  3. desquite

desquite Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehe... Good point TOPS30. I added some text to the page to help explain what each piece does.

Keyword Position
    Check domain ranking on multiple search engines based on keyword(s). Maximum results are limited to 100 (for now).

Link Popularity / Indexed Pages
    Check domains link popularity and number of indexed pages on multiple search engines.

Also, what other search engines should I include?

Thanks,

DesQuite

4. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's working very well.

I just checked my seraphim proudleduck page and It was nowhere to be found (As far as your tool says)...

SEbasic, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  5. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I always worrywhether new tools such as yours violate the search engine's TOS.

Shannon

Smyrl, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  6. desquite

desquite Peon

Best Answers:
    SEbasic,

Right now it's setup to match exactly the domain name you've entered. The search engines seem to index sometimes with 'www' and sometimes without. I guess it's based on the links it finds on other sites. Depending what people think I could search for partial matches and strip the www off of the domain. You guys think this would be best?

So, if you enter your domain as 'www.seo-dev.co.uk' and your keyworks as 'seraphim proudleduck' it finds a match on all of the search engines.

Smyrl,

I've not looked at all of the search engines TOS but I'd like to know more if anyone has information about this. If their TOS say that they don't want you doing this then is there another way to get this information? I guess you'd have to go to each page by hand. I also have made the results clickable so that it takes you to the search engine result page.

DesQuite

7. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Or you could use the Google API.

As far as the other sites are concerned, I really don't know :)

SEbasic, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  8. desquite

desquite Peon

Best Answers:
    I really like the Google API and have done some fun things with it. However, I run out of daily queries too quickly.. :) The way I have it setup right now actually uses less Google resources (I believe) to query this informaiton than it does using the Google API.

DesQuite

9. General Grant

General Grant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The keyword position tool didnt work for me, it said it could find me, but Im #6 out of 21,000,000. I tried with and without www

General Grant, Dec 11, 2004 IP