1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO software good or bad

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by aniltc, May 28, 2010.

hi all

Do you guys use SEO tools to promote websites.What are the advantages and disadvantages of this.

aniltc, May 28, 2010 IP
  2. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally don't. All of it is manual. I do a lot of on-page optimization.

bigcat1967, May 28, 2010 IP
  3. webdevelopmentcompany

webdevelopmentcompany Peon

Best Answers:
    As per my opinion don't use seo software for submission because there is no any guarantee that u submit link is proper submitted or not.

webdevelopmentcompany, May 28, 2010 IP
  4. redbyte

redbyte Member

Best Answers:
    I use SENuke for my SEO activities... Its pricey but well worth the bang you get for the buck. You get to fire off loads of content, bookmark it and also submit RSS feeds. Add to that the Web 2.0 profile creation and the pinging ability and you have one powerful piece of kit.

I also use Market Samurai.

Without those two pieces of software I would be rather lost.

redbyte, May 28, 2010 IP
  5. ayan

ayan Peon

Best Answers:
    i use SBI andthe best tool ever and that tells me the profitable keywords with more demand nad less competition and as well as gives me the ranking report.

ayan, May 28, 2010 IP
  6. kuldep

kuldep Peon

Best Answers:
    i have never used seo software or tools for automatic promotion of my website.I prefer to do it manually as " G " may consider it as black hat SEO>

kuldep, May 28, 2010 IP
  7. jeniferprince

jeniferprince Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is no use of using Softwares or tools for Search engine optimization... For On page optimization you must do manual optimization practice... For link building you may use Link Building tools only if they provide backlinks from High Page Rank sites and also relavant to your websites. Most of the Link Building tools will provide you irrelavant website backlinks to your website. That wont give you any Link Juice...

Do it manually... Its worthy to do!!

jeniferprince, May 28, 2010 IP
  8. redbyte

redbyte Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, dont try and go the full auto route. You need to spin content and then drip feed the stuff in. On page optimization goes without saying, all the normal factors need to be looked at prior to using any SEO software. There is no simple push and go software solution... Everything Im related takes time and effort.

redbyte, May 28, 2010 IP
  9. expertofseo

expertofseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should use only website optimization software.. its giving you the idea for move ahead at starting.
    And about remaining tools, So never use such like that tools.. use your own brain.. because no one know when will Google change its algorithm..
    So keep doing probabilities because whole SEO depends on probabilities..

Thanks and regards from..
    Brijesh Rupareliya

expertofseo, May 29, 2010 IP
  10. buzinessware

buzinessware Peon

Best Answers:
    My suggestion is better to do manually.

buzinessware, May 29, 2010 IP
  11. redbyte

redbyte Member

Best Answers:
    The amount of work necessary to achieve high rankings these days definitely requires you to use some kinda of software, if you don't you need to leverage outsourcing or else you get bogged down in the optimization zone rather than the money making zone.

redbyte, May 29, 2010 IP
  12. JoomlaDesigner

JoomlaDesigner Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll prefer to do the SEO manually only... Ofcourse you can't do each and everything manually so for such activities like checking and comparing the links with competitors, you can use some softwares/website but for submissions don't use any software. Only Quality Manual submissions will give you the best results because SEO is all about quality NOT quantity. Hope it helps...

JoomlaDesigner, May 29, 2010 IP
  13. redbyte

redbyte Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that its "quality above quantity" but you should try for "quality in large quantities" ;)

redbyte, May 29, 2010 IP
  14. joshvelco

joshvelco Peon

Best Answers:
    Software is unreliable and often cost way over the odds for the benefits it gives. People only use software if they are lazy or don't know how to perform certain tasks manually, the results are often shoddy, and can sometimes hurt your rankings.

joshvelco, May 29, 2010 IP
  15. hezykhaiablane

hezykhaiablane Peon

Best Answers:
    If you practicing SEO technique never go for software, I suggest to have it manually because on that way you can monitor your site that was the advantage. The disadvantage was, you never know if the software going on a right site, this software might include you site to the link farm, which will lead you to black hat technique and put your link into risk.

hezykhaiablane, May 29, 2010 IP
  16. jamhall830

jamhall830 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Totally agree! These are by fair my main two pieces of software they can do pretty much EVERYTHING! Be sure to sign up for SEnuke at www.senukediscount.net it'll save you like half on the first month while you get your feet wet.

jamhall830, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  17. mandaar

mandaar Peon

Best Answers:
    See, personally I'm not using any kind of tool. Please let me know your site is Static or Dynamic. The best way to promote your site is Social Networking. And if you are asking about SEO, you should create the sitemaps (XML) and submit it to Google Webmaster tool. It will Help you a lot. if you have any issue ping me on twitter @mandaard

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
    mandaar, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  18. bnwebm123

bnwebm123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I love automation, but i'm very choosy about what I automate and I do rely a lot on outsourcing for "automation".

bnwebm123, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  19. utahseopros

utahseopros Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion SEO is a manual process and by using software that automates things takes away value of the work that could of been done manually and in a specific time frame. The only software I would recommend is software that helps you organize your work, link building campaigns, alerts, keyword tracking, where you have done things etc.

utahseopros, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  20. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    I use a wide variety of software applications to accomplish different SEO tasks. You have to automate as much tasks as possible in order to be competitive.
    Personally I would advice to stay away from commercial SEO software. Custom made software is way better and let you fly under the radar ;)

zexy, Jun 2, 2010 IP