1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

seo reports

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by pau, Apr 4, 2006.

Hi,

I am doing SEO for a client who wants me to do a report showing the work done and the advances, does any of you have experience on this kind of reports? What do you think I should include? Do you know of any resource which could guide me on how to create it?

Thank you!

pau, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  2. kinkarso

kinkarso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    kinkarso, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  3. BILZ

BILZ Peon

Best Answers:
    You shold be using the DP keyword tracker to track the improvements in ranking that your work has achieved and the increase in links pointing to the site. aside from that you should give general reports of the work you have performed such as: added 10 additional pages, revised anchor text in internal links, solicited link exchanges with 430 related sites, etc.

Just keep in mind that telling them about the work you have done builds value in your service and showing improved results/rankings encourages your clients to stay on board. If you have access to their traffic reports you may also be able to show them the increased revenue your work has created - which is probably all they really care about.

BILZ, Apr 4, 2006 IP
    pau likes this.
  4. pau

pau Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have outlined a report pretty much as you describe, but I don't feel completely happy with it since the keywords area since the most competitive ones, which are several, are not showing results yet (I have been working on this site for two months now), and although many of the keywords are showing results and several of them on top 3 places in the three main search engines, those competitive keywords not showing results make the report look bad. But I guess if the client understand what can be expected in the short term and what not, this shouldn't be a problem.

pau, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  5. Peanut

Peanut Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah i do reports monthly for all my clients, i typically do a generic paragraph each month giving some news on the company, or if lets say there is a google update illl explain that sites are likely to change over the next month or something.
    I will then give a report for all the keywords i am targetting and the positions within google,msn and yahoo and if they have gone up and down.
    Then i show the number of sessions the website has had during the month with the past 3-4 months there so they know how the site is developing.
    Finally i will do another paragraph bespoke to the client on what i have done for the client such as articles or pages i have added etc.

Peanut, Apr 5, 2006 IP
    onedollar and pau like this.
  6. pau

pau Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, thank you for your help

pau, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  7. jaguar-archie2006

jaguar-archie2006 Banned

Best Answers:
    just put graph or overview beside on the text report. and be in detail. and make it easy to understand.:)

jaguar-archie2006, Apr 5, 2006 IP