1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

seo questions...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jonline100, Oct 30, 2010.

in terms of linkjuice/pr when you comment ona blog with 100 internal links and 20 external links and there are say 15 followed external.

Is the websites "vote" divided by
    1) 15
    2) 20
    3) 115
    4) 120

I also have another question, do blogs really have to be relevant and if so how relevant do they have to be e.g. is posting on a gadget blog page enough or does it have to be specific to the gadget your advertising e.g. no use posting about a nexus one for an iPhone

jonline100, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  2. steve_gts

steve_gts Active Member

Best Answers:
    120, regardless now many are no followed, no follow does not pass link juice but is still considered in the pages passing ability, i.e PR -15% divided by number of links on page.

The more targeted a page is, the better. Ideally you want links from pages, which have your targeted keyword included in the link to them.

All that being said, you will never optimise for even a vaguely competitive keyword using blog comments!

steve_gts, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  3. jonline100

jonline100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I've decided my main target should be article marketing, I understand what your saying as most blogs have over 100 links on them anyway but blog comments can be helpful too, right? If i post say 20 a day? And what do you think about the reevancy question?

jonline100, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  4. satechheads

satechheads Peon

Best Answers:
    you are far better off going out and creating a free blog on wordpress.com or posterous and then writing your own short blog articles and posting them with a couple of links back to your target site than to waste time posting 20-30 comments on unrelated blogs. you can grab articles off of the article directories and just spin them a little, post them on your new free blog that you created and put as many links pointing to your target site in each post as you please.

satechheads, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  5. satechheads

satechheads Peon

Best Answers:
    free blogs are available on:

wordpress.com
    posterous.com
    blogetery.com
    blog.com
    weblog.com
    metroblog.com
    xanga.com
    weebly.com

just to name a few

satechheads, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  6. steve_gts

steve_gts Active Member

Best Answers:
    Relevancy is a bit of a grey area, there is little doubt that relevancy is important, but to contradict that, you just have to look at all the top web design companies, they are top of google with nothing but footer links on customer sites (so will be unrelated anyway) and it gets them to the top of the SERP's.

Blog comments can have their uses, I often use high authority no follow blogs, so they show up in my link profile, but this is just because it makes it difficult for competitors to analyse by back link profile. Just make sure you use your keywords in the links whenever possible.

steve_gts, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  7. trident

trident Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think anyone really knows the answer to this question. Unless I am wrong, most people are just speculating. This is one of those Google mysteries

trident, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  8. fgogo

fgogo Active Member

Best Answers:
    120 after last changes in google.

fgogo, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  9. punchaboveyourweight

punchaboveyourweight Peon

Best Answers:
    You're also not taking into consideration the value of each of those links. Links in content are treated differently than links in comments, links in sidebars, and links in footers.

punchaboveyourweight, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  10. steve_gts

steve_gts Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody could tell you what's involved in the calculations for the algorithm no, but many of us do test these theorys, so we can developed an informed opinion on specific elements of it.

steve_gts, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  11. sudip03

sudip03 Peon

Best Answers:
    i also do agree with you. If one set of result works for one website it is not mandatory that it will work others. And while concluding comments over Google issues we can only predict on the basis of our experience but we can't say, yes! this is it.

sudip03, Nov 5, 2010 IP