1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO PR and Rankings - Have You Have *Recent* Success with Directory Submissions ?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Marx, Mar 23, 2009.

?

Are Directory Submissions Still a Worthwhile SEO Tactic ?

Poll closed Apr 15, 2009.
  1. Totally All DR Subs Are a Great Way to Building Links

34.3%
  2. Only The Top Globals Like Yahoo, Business.com etc

14.3%
  3. Its all about domains link back, so mass submissions are still worthwhile for their price

5.7%
  4. Dont know dont care ..

5.7%
  5. Very little value but still worth doing due to ease of gaining links

31.4%
  6. All DR Subs are totally pointless

8.6%
  1. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Now most of directory submitters use PR0 directories. That's pointless, as you said "blog links are really good"

blog8491, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  2. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i havent done too much submissions lately, but i believe directory submissions are a good way of keeping your ranking but you need more to improve your rankings...

Nima, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  3. samatuprintingdotcom

samatuprintingdotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    It helps. Nothing is going to be so powerful that suddenly your SERPs change overnight unless you are in a very low search volume niche.

samatuprintingdotcom, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  4. merlinseo

merlinseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes definately they have a value and I really liked your Poll Options

1.) Top Value based on budget , if you take Yahoo directory case its Expensive to get listed as it charges 200$
    2.) Worth based on budget to get some back links but if you submit to 1000 to 2000 other directories it will be worth to have some count on back link just for few bucks say 25 or 50 or 100$ based on service/numbers.

Yes there can be very well as a debate Yahoo directory for 200$ is worth 200 or 500 directories for 50$
    But then think of segments or people or webmasters who plan budget, LOW - MID - HIGH

If really HIGH Budget people can afford paid ones they will end up 2000$ for small number of links
    MID Budget may cost upto 150 to 200$ for 2000 directories or 3000 or more
    LOW Budget are really strange can start from as low as 10$ to 100$ can end up with cheap services offered

So its Segments based on Budgets , I like the Options you made for polling worth , I voted for
    " Its all about domains link back, so mass submissions are still worthwhile for their price "
    based on MID-BUDGET consideration , All are right who are voting different options as it really depends on what budget fits for them

merlinseo, Mar 28, 2009 IP