1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Pages & Directories built Method to Attract More se traffic?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Aaron111, Aug 6, 2009.

all seo experts this topic is in your judgment to call or dismiss.... in short my question here to seo experts is about building directories as shown below... but before you get caught up in the thread...... just understtand it is for those seo and webmasters that know about domain relevancy and which directories will promote a domain better in the major search results... thats wher your expert opinions are needed..... as best as you can can you give your most anticipated judgment one what you've experienced in the is delima... below ready........ here it goes ..... :eek:

... as a small time designer my self using DW to make pages and directories for my own handyman business ive seen so many sites that use many sub directories to grab the attention of searchers meaning like this site here pleasantholidays.com/PleasantHolidaysWeb/Vacation-Deals-Hawaii-Lanai.html
    note [/B]after the pleasantholidays.com[/url] you see a directory called PleasantHolidaysWeb my question to you is this... with domain AlabamaHome.com my main focus is handyman construction.... but with the above reference: will it be okay to target other niches on Alabama in another directory like above site?? meaning like this AlabamaHome.com/Handyman-services/index.html that directory will target handyman ... now if I build another sub directory called AlabamaHome.com/vacation-homes-Alabama /index.html
    can I do this with out diluting the main search in serps for handyman repairs???? that domain is largely the type used in realty and vacation homes??/ but as a seo expert gave his advice target that domain for handyman Alabama it will rank faster and higher in the serps.... of course my business cards will display another domain that will forward to that domain.... with out any further address can you offer your opinion in seo relevancy .... so whats your expert opinion??

should go like this AlabamaHome.com/Alabama/Handyman-Services/index.html and build every other directory in the Alabama directory??? or build all the other pages inside this directory AlabamaHome.com/Handyman-Services/index.html -------- it is my way of directing the ses into my pages???? or dose it matter or not ses I mean:eek:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
    Aaron111, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  2. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    any experts ?

Aaron111, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  3. miles2go

miles2go Peon

Best Answers:
    nice article of great help but also need some addons from expert of same field.

miles2go, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  4. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    By responding here I'm not saying I am an "expert" LOL... but my take on it is as follows...

Search engines don't rank sites or domains. They rank individual URLs. Other than a VERY few domain ranking factors which affect all URLs on a site (like domain age, domain authority, domain trust) all other ranking factors are pretty much based on characteristics of the page found at that URL and that URL's backlink profile.

To my knowledge there is no domain ranking factor based on something like "how focused are the topics on your domain". A domain can be about lots of random stuff and those pages still have the same chance of ranking... well, to an extent. Look at sites like about.com and wikipedia. Those sites are about all kinds of topics. I think both do very well in the SERPs.

By having all pages on your site focused on a particular topic, you do get a little added punch to your internal links since every page would be considered relevant at least to some degree to every other page on the site. But it's not going to hurt to add a new section about something different from the general "theme" of the site.

This might seem to suggest that it's better to have lots of smaller sites each about a focused topic. But there are trade offs, however. By having lots of small sites, none of them will likely ever be seen as an authority since to be seen as an authority you need lots of inbound links to lots of pages on your site. So having the off-topic section on your site is not going to hurt you and could help you since it increases the likelihood of your site one day being seen as an authority (assuming you get inbound links to the pages on that new section).

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
    Canonical, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  5. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for expert opinions: very key very true ..... and thats where im glued to thses factors more examples to display as to the Wiki and about.com theory ... I believe I scoped that one out here on a massage website that includes many internal directories built to grab traffic... and likely searches looking for vacation things to do Kauaimassages.com/About-Us/Massage-Treatments-Modalties-Defined/index.html

any how thats a domain with directories....... based on expert theory..... at some point that would be where the butter getts on the bread... but toasted fiirst then buttered ...........

any seo knows how to optimize but each seo targets it differently ...

Aaron111, Aug 7, 2009 IP