1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO/Page Title : should it have the site name?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Shakas, Apr 9, 2014.

I currently have one site, i've done looks of experimenting with it but I cannot figure/notice changes in one thing.

For the sake of demonstration lets imagine I have "megamottors. com" and I review engines there, for demonstatrations lets assume I'm reviewing a Ferrari Engine.
    Should each page title have: Ferrari Engine | MegaMotors or just Ferrari Motors .

Obviously one of the keywords would be MegaMotors and it would appear on the article boody, but wont google penalize me for keyword stuffing in the title? It's obvious that this is not for just one article but would appear in hundreds/thousands of pages.

Your 2cents please.

Shakas, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  2. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Shakas,

You can keep it as Ferrari Engine | MegaMotors and not risk a Panda penalty. Each page is evaluated on an individual basis.

The general rule of thumb I use: There's 3 critical places to put your keywords: TITLE, URL, DESCRIPTION. I try not to have more than 2 instances of any word in any of these places.

If you just have 'MegaMotors' in your URL and Title (obviously) and one instance in your content, then you'll be fine. Id avoid putting 'MegaMotors' in your description though, that's starting to push the envelope (3 instances)

Another thing to consider, if any keyword you're going after includes 'motor' or 'motors', then you're also getting in the risky area since you'll have the word 'motor' 4 times just in your URL and Title, and this isn't counting the description.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Diggity

DiggitySEO, Apr 9, 2014 IP