1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO on Old Website or New website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by govindvkumar, Aug 3, 2018.

?

SEO On Old Website?

1. YES

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    I have a website which is around 7 years old. I haven't posted much content earlier. Is it Ok to start posting contents on this website and do SEO or Is it better to start a new website and do SEO on it

govindvkumar, Aug 3, 2018 IP
  2. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well it certainly depends on the domain. What is its name & how much is it important in your niche (according to relevancy)? How much content does it already have and what links does it have?

If the content is worthwhile and the links to it is live & relevant. Then I don't see what is the reason about starting a whole new site.

mrb1129, Aug 3, 2018 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Domain age is only relevant if the site has a history with backlinks. If the domain was registered but nothing was ever done with it then you're basically starting with a new domain name.

dcristo, Aug 3, 2018 IP
  4. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think there is no need to start a new website when you already have the live website from the 7years. All you need to do is fix the OnpAge error of the websites first and change its design too as it is 7 years old website and make some changes that are required, then update the content and replace the outdated content with the new one. And, make an index request again in with the webmaster's tool.

Sumit_Singh, Aug 3, 2018 IP
    govindvkumar likes this.
  5. Arun Kumar Soni

Arun Kumar Soni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, of course, Go with SEO

Arun Kumar Soni, Aug 5, 2018 IP
  6. davidjackson

davidjackson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am agree with Sumit_Singh you do not need to build a new website but you have to redesign and update whole content from your old website and start SEO for that(old) website. It will perform well than new website.

davidjackson, Aug 7, 2018 IP