1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO is not effective on my website

Discussion in 'SEO' started by contaque, Apr 22, 2014.

Hi,

I am doing seo of my 9 year old website.Before 1.5 year, it was ranking good , All the keywords was on first or two pages in Google search results.In March 2013 website design, keywords changed according to company requirement after that when SEO is started the keywords(which are on first or second page ) are now 100+ page .Even We are doing good seo but still ranking is not improving.I have checked many thins at my end still We are lacking Where I don't know.
    Kindly suggest.

Thanks.

contaque, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  2. askanaffiliate

askanaffiliate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Many things have changed with Google in 1.5 years. How did you build links to your website before? If you were bulk linking using low quality websites and low quality links, I think you were affected by a Google update. Please go into Google Webmaster Tools and look under "manual actions" to see if Google has penalized you for improper link building techniques. Next, the shift has moved from bulk link building to high quality content + fresh content which is known as the freshness update.

Can you please forward the URL of your website so I can have a look on my end and where exactly things went wrong.

Thanks,

askanaffiliate, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  3. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you have to many bad backlinks which many SEO newbies purchase thinking its a good thing. Google doesn't like that and has actually provided a service in the webmasters tool which allows you to submit your bad backlinks.
    Additionally maybe you just had a stale website, not enough good quality content that you didn't update on a regular basis which in turn would increase your bounce rate for people entering and leaving your website.
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  4. SEOMagicMan

SEOMagicMan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, work on consistently getting quality backlinks to your site. Also, make sure your description and website Meta Data have the keywords you are targeting. Add fresh unique relevant content as often as possible. I also found that refreshing or reloading my HTML files on my host server helps drastically, makes everything look fresh.(to google bots) I do this almost daily on all my sites.

If you still do not have any improvements in ratings, perhaps the keywords you are targeting are just too competitive.

Shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    JL

SEOMagicMan, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  5. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I assume you've already checked on the competition of the keywords you want to pursue?

Patricia Ann Lee, Apr 22, 2014 IP
    I think it was hit by the recent Google algorithm updates from Panda, Penguin, and Hummingbird. Try to analyze the website by evaluating the history of links and check webmaster tool account if there was an error or message from Google.. I would suggest to diversify your targeted keyword into different phrase to reach targeted audience and also use different platforms to establish brand awareness.

KylieSweet, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  7. contaque

contaque Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mam.
    Can you review my website http://www.contaque.com? and suggest something.

contaque, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  8. contaque

contaque Member

Best Answers:

9. nightwolf909

nightwolf909 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I see you have not so good anchor text diversification: http://prntscr.com/3cm01o
    Also I don't see that quality backlinks that you have built so far and your onpage SEO seems to be a mess too.

What keywords are you trying to rank for?

nightwolf909, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  10. contaque

contaque Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    How we can know that our website is affecting from the Panda, Penguin and hummingbird updates.Is there any tool or anything else.

11. kulwantnagi2003

kulwantnagi2003 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try these two tools..

http://pixelgroove.com/serp/sandbox_checker/
    http://www.barracuda-digital.co.uk/panguin-tool/

kulwantnagi2003, Apr 23, 2014 IP
    Foxxy, ricky709 and narayananblaze like this.
  12. SEOMagicMan

SEOMagicMan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you were affected, your traffic would tell you. As well as you page rank.

Best of Luck,

JL

SEOMagicMan, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  13. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For you to understand what's going on in your website, Traffic and Rankings will tell you how your site behave.
    Noticeable decrease in traffic daily or weekly is a sign that your site is affected and it will also affect the website's reputation and SE rankings.
    Tools are only guide but the skills to determine and analyze the website is the best way.

KylieSweet, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  14. Seo Joy

Seo Joy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can identify this through Google analytics, if any drop in traffic during the algorithm update... and the another way is drop in rankings during these updates...

Seo Joy, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  15. nightwolf909

nightwolf909 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just check your rankings with tool like Serpfox or Serpbook.

You can also just type your URL in Google and see if it comes up first and type site:www.yourwebsite.com to see if you have been de-indexed. But just checking your rankings will tell you what's up.

nightwolf909, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  16. kittyluver

kittyluver Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As all of the members quoting, your traffic as well as the Adsense earnings will be the lowest of your career

kittyluver, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  17. contaque

contaque Member

Best Answers:

contaque, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  18. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its easy, lets say you have 60k products, and your indexing is not more then 500...
    which is the case of one of my sites; It does not take an expert to tell me that
    google does not want anything to do with this site, maybe due to content, so if you
    see your site massively dropping in index, then you should not need an expert to say why....

dscurlock, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  19. Boris Nazarov

Boris Nazarov Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    You always do that which is correct for your website link building.There are some important points to do with your website:
    1) What Search Engines Are Looking For
    2) Know Your Business Model
    3) Don't Forget to Optimize for Multi-Channels Like twitter,facebook ,linkedln ,Pintrest etc
    4) Be Consistent With Domain Names
    5) Optimizing for Different Types of Results
    6) Focus on Your Meta Data Too
    These are some necessary and effective points.

Boris Nazarov, May 1, 2014 IP
  20. contaque

contaque Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

My website is 9 year old . I have done onpage seo and want to know which off page activities or what else techniques I should use to rank up my website according to new Google guidelines?

Website was in top before 2 years ago Now after many changes in design, bad links and due to many reasons We lost the website rank.

My website is www.contaque.com and focus keywords are predictive dialer, contact center solutions, call center solutions, call center software.

Thanks.

contaque, May 16, 2014 IP